Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

dyi decor Advice

Amanda, on February 7, 2021 at 09:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
My wedding is Oct 31 2021 and I'm planning on doing all of my own table/reception decor, my max amount of people invited is 48 and I'm totally fine with cutting that down to less than that. Right now my biggest stress is planning the table decor as I have no idea what the max amount of people I will be able to have , so this leaves me feeling stress of the unknown. How do I plan how many vases and runners and table cloth I need without knowing how many tables I will need. I feel like I'm in limbo but I also need to start planning either way as I'm doing it myself . Anyone else in this situation ?? Could use any advice to calm my stress levels . ❤️❤️

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on February 7, 2021 at 15:00
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The thing is I'm doing a family style dinner table a U shaped , my venue recently told me this will work no matter what but will just have to be separated but can still keep that shape, so no individual tables hopefully .
  • L
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing all my mine diy just like you. I originally started with 6 tables. 10 at each table. I recently asked my venue how many tables can fit in our room with covid restrictions. only 5 tables can fit. So I've been planing for 5 tables. If we're in red or orange it's only 4 per table and if we're in green or yellow it's 6. That gives me a rough idea of how many guests I could have. You can try something like that. What ever I have left over I'll probably sell for cheep or as a bundle to someone trying to save on expenses for their wedding. I'm already cutting my guest list in half so if I spend a bit more on the diy stuff I'm okay with it. The diy stuff also keeps me from going crazy during these lock downs.

My suggestion is find out what your max amount of tables are. If you end up with more centerpieces then needed. you can have them as a back up or try to sell them.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is great advice thank you !!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree that you should put off buying these things until closer to the date when you have a more solid idea of how many people can be there.
    Honestly I know it’s really hard but I’d try to put this on the back burner for now and pick it up again in the summer. You aren’t going to get any answers for a while and it’s likely just going to stress you out. Instead I’d focus on all of the parts of the wedding that are a sure thing right now.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would avoid buying anything for decor until six weeks out. Try to find your supplies via brick and mortar stores that offer curb side pickup in case online deliveries are delayed.

For now, buy what you need to practice setting up one table's worth of decor and figure out how long it takes for you to assemble it the first time without practice (don't forget, the people helping you will also be doing it for the first time so they won't be able to do it fast). If it took you 20 minutes alone to do it for the first time, that's how long it'll take to set each table up and you'll have to factor that setup time into your day (unless you get to setup the night before).

Also, by practicing one now, you can figure out if your vision matches reality. Often we dream of having a certain style based on photos but it's harder to replicate in real life than we think. It'll also give you time to change things up if something doesn't work without you committing to all the supplies in one go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics