Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2022 Alberta

Drumheller - reception dinner

Sarah, on November 27, 2019 at 22:55 Posted in Alberta 0 2

Hello! I'm just beginning to look at caterers as we have finally chosen a venue - wedding is not until Aug 2021 but I'm struggling to find less expensive catering for approx 150 people. (Drumheller venue) - not wanting to spend more than $1500 max on catering if we do ALL guests

I was also toying around to idea of doing the order of events slightly different to reduce the amount of #'s for dinner... - 1. First look 2. Photos 3. Dinner with close family and friends ~60 guests 4. Evening ceremony 7? pm and then straight into the reception and have a midnight snack for all guests

Or deciding on maybe having a pizza and/or pot luck dinner?

Too many options.. But also budget has to come into play...
What are some ideas you may have ? have you been to a wedding that does not serve a full dinner as a guest? Help ! Smiley smile

2 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on December 3, 2019 at 05:11
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Sarah Smiley smile

Does your venue have a list of recommended caterers you can check out? Do any of those fit your budget for catering? Perhaps you could work with them on a catering option which does Smiley smile

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally have never been to one that didn't serve dinner, but your timeline sounds like a great idea! Wish I had thought of doing it this way now...lol Just be sure to make it very clear that a formal sit down dinner will not be served both on the invitations and the website (if you're doing one). I would think most people would get the idea since the ceremony is later, but you just want to make it as clear as possible anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics