Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

Drink tickets

Jessica, on March 18, 2019 at 11:07 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
Hi everyone! This is my first post on WW.

So I am thinking we will be doing drink tickets for our guests, likely 2-3 per person plus wine on the table (60 bottles for 90 guests- a majority of the guests are wine drinkers). Is it a bad idea to have the tickets sitting at the seats for guests? We will be having assigned tables but not seats at the table.

I’m also assuming (and hoping!) people who want to just drink wine/ don’t want to drink will share their tickets with someone else. We’ve budgeted for those tickets, so people might as well drink them!

My future mother in law suggested that some guests could “steal” others drink tickets if they are sitting on the tables before all the guests arrive, but I can’t imagine people doing that?

Thanks for any advice you might have on drink tickets!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 05:27
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica,

I did drink tickets for my wedding as well as having red/white wine poured during dinner. Everyone received 2 drink tickets on each of their settings at the table. We ended up having a bunch of unused tickets that were just being passed on at the end of the night and even when the bar closed at midnight, we still had unused tickets.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At our wedding my husband went and hand delivered them to each table, it was a nice way to say hi and check in.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the suggestion that people have said to put them in envelopes! I'd put a cute little saying on the envelopes like "Open me... something something something" so people would get into the envelope right away!

• J
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for the super supportive answers and great ideas! I had never thought of putting them in envelopes and think I will likely do that 😁

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this idea works fine! Honestly I would do the same thing with mine but I have a cocktail hour they’ll need them during!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think having them in envelopes with Guest's names on them would be enough! I can't see someone stealing drink tickets this way.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be providing 2 drink tickets per guest and they will be placed on their chair as we are having a cocktail style reception so there is no formal seating arrangement. The ceremony and reception are at the same location and everyone will have a chair for the ceremony.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement!

Welcome to the Wedding Wire community!

I think tucking them in an envelope with the guests names on them would be lovely.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this! Maybe underneath the favour if there's 1 at each seat or under the glassware/plate ware?

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Jessica,

I have been to weddings and people normally wouldn't steal them! I like Amanda's idea or if you have a small favor that you are putting on the table you could place under neath.

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Jessica,

We are doing drink tickets. I am toying with the idea of either putting the tickets in an envelop with the guest name on it at the table where the seating chart is or on the table where they will be sitting.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica, welcome to the WW community!!

I really can't see guests doing that either - if we were doing drink tickets we would just put them on the tables as well. If anything were to happen like that you can make an announcement and it will most likely guilt the person who took them into at very least not using them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics