Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Newbie April 2022 Ontario

Drink costs

Frankie, on October 30, 2022 at 09:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to figure out what is acceptable range is for the cost of drinks.
My venue is offering:- $11 per ticket for drink tickets- $38 per bottle for red/white wine served during dinner- $9.50 per glass for red/white wine during the cocktail hour.
Would you mind sharing if these numbers seem reasonable and maybe what you were charged as well?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 31, 2022 at 12:38
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this a cash bar or a host bar? Typically a host bar is cheaper than a cash bar. You pay the tab for a host bar while your guests pay per drink for a cash bar. Your prices do seem higher than average compared to most places I've looked at. Even at cash bar prices, house wines and beers tend to hover around $7 per drink. Anything above that, especially at the $10+ range, you're looking at hard liquor like whiskey and brandy. It also depends on what brands the venue use.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I did a cash bar and our venue since they supplied all of the alcohol they charged $9 dollars for 5oz of wine and $40 dollars per bottle. For house spirits we were charged $10 Cocktails like Caesars, mojito's and old fashioned were $15.50 Beer and Cider were $9. But we also had a bottle of red and white wine on each table for dinner service on us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics