Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious May 2023 Saskatchewan

Dress woes-advice on how to make it up to friends

Tara, on February 21, 2023 at 18:17 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9
So I found my dress in August. Was assured that the dress wouldn't take long to arrive (told it takes 6-8 weeks to make)
We did the start of a deposit in Sept, and then the rest of it in October

Stressed that it needed to be here by February at the latest (wedding is in may) as I am a baker, chocolatier and a childcare provider and that as of the end of March I would have no time to deal with dress stuff
Had them reassure me and a friend that it would arrive with plenty of time. I went in at the start of Feb and put more money on the dress (leaving only $400 outstanding) and said I would be in at the second last week of the month to finish paying and pick it up, told that wouldnt be a problem. So Feb 13 comes around and I call asking if I can come in to try the dress on as my friend that is doing make up with me will be in (to which she said no problem) to have her call back ten minutes later to say the dress wasn't there. She told me the owner of the salon would call me that day to update me as to where it was. Waited all week for her to call (I know I could have called but my anxiety was so high that I ended up sick) Friday rolled around and still no call so my friend that did the original portion of the deposit called to find out that the dress wont be here until second last week of March, but I could pay a rush fee but they couldn't give a date as to when the dress would arrive. The owner blamed me for talking to her sole employee and not her (she wasn't there when I phoned) and then blamed the manufacturer saying they don't always make once they get the order (My friend called the manufacturer who informed her that the dress is complete within 8 weeks of the order being placed)
The owner of the salon is refusing to tell us or show us when she ordered it.
Since all this I have since bought an off the rack dress as my feelings towards the dress are completely destroyed and the bridal salon is refusing to refund us any of the money, so now I am stuck with two dresses; one that made me literally sick and have a meltdown. I made arrangements to do consignment on the new dress. But I'm feeling pretty stressed about all of it and it sucks.

I feel like I was a bridezilla because the stress made me ill and I feel bad for my team of friends that helped me all last week and put up with helping me find a new dress.
How can I make it up to my team of friends?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on February 23, 2023 at 10:59
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would reach out to your bank debit credit should be the same thing.

If she removes your bad review I would keep adding it back and have friends and family write one. She shouldn't get away with this.

• T
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately the store owner keeps skirting telling us when she ordered the dress. She changes the subject. I have made arrangements for consignment (I was a vendor at a bridal expo and made connections with a bridal salon -after I ordered my dress) and she will help me try to sell it, once I do get it. It will still be more than month until I get it. I will leave a review but my one moh found comments where people are saying the owner removes negative reviews. So who knows 🤷‍♀️
    I just know I'm thankful for my team being so supportive
  • T
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately half was done in store by debit. But thank you for the great suggestion
  • T
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you that's a good idea
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's horrible that they ruined a great experience for you. I bought my dress on August 20th and got it on January 20th. If they finally gave you your dress maybe try to sell it for close to what you paid for. If you have written proof that they are trying to scam you, like Hank said go through your credit card company if you paid them. I would also write a review. I hope it all works out for you.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you physically have the original dress? If not, and you paid deposits on credit card, you can try calling the credit card company and get them to reverse the charges.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're crafty maybe you could make them a thank you card with a thoughtful message inside about how much you appreciate having them through wedding planning stress?
  • T
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sorry that you went through things like I did. -hugs- It sucks.
    I could try for a spa day or a trip to the mineral pool the week of the wedding. (My one friend lives 15 hours away)
    I just know they are all stubborn and won't let me pay for things so I'm not sure unless I pay on advance.
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have budget for something like manicures or pedicures if a fun evening out? Or even a spa treatment of some sort? I totally am a sucker for any of the above and a heart felt chat would put me I. A better space after being through something similar

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics