Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie June 2021 Alberta

Dress Shopping

Sydney, on September 10, 2019 at 14:10 Posted in Alberta 0 6
Wondering If anyone from Calgary, AB would be able to recommend places for dress shopping. Budget friendly of course too! I’m not looking to spend an arm and a leg of a dress 😬 Wanting to keep it under $2000 for sure.

Looking for both good and bad experiences so I know where to stay away from as well! Thanks in advance for everyone’s opinions and help!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hélène, on September 13, 2019 at 23:57
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem!

Everthine bridal just posted on their social media today that their fall sale is on. 5-20% off!
  • S
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time ❤️
  • Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OK, so I'm a day later than planned. But, here's my experience with Calgary bridal shops. I went during 'down' times so some people may have different experiences with peak times.

Durand Bridal - friendly staff, dresses are out and you can look through so you're able to select ones you like and stay within budget.

Cameo & Cufflinks - I was the only one in the store but the set-up seems like it could get really crowded/overwhelming if it's busy. I liked that they also had all the gowns out to look through and they were clear with me on which areas to look for appropriate sizes in my price range. Tags were visible so you could select what you liked in your budget.

Being a plus-sized bride I went to Hourglass Bridal Boutique. It's a smaller boutique but you're the only one there so the experience is awesome.

Cottonwood Bridal (it was in High River but is moving to Okotoks this month) has a great selection and experienced staff. Tags were visible here too and they had some great suggestions on dresses I hadn't selected but were within my vision and budget.

Novia Mia - Good selection and helpful staff. I was able to look through dresses here as well and they had the tags clearly visible.

Pearl & Dot - Not the place for me, but others have loved it.

The Bridal Centre - A lot of people say it's dated but they have huge inventory in a wide price range and Cecilia was fantastic as a consultant. Here too I can imagine that during busy times it can get a little overwhelming/crowded with the set-up. (Like Cameo & Cufflinks, it's curtained areas with chairs for your 'entourage' in front of the curtained area.) It is more of a traditional experience where you let the consultant know what you're looking for and they pull dresses for you. Be clear on your budget and what your max is. I ended up getting my dress here and have been happy with the experience.

I didn't go to Taffeta & Tulle but know someone who did and found her dress there. I've heard good things.

Good luck in your dress quest!

• Hélène
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll add more tomorrow when I’m not exhausted but look at Everthine Bridal as well. They are consignment but also carry samples, one-offs, ordered but not picked up and never worn dresses as well as consignment. You may find more bang for your buck!

• S
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you sooo much!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVED the Bridal Boutique! Also check out Taffeta and Tulle in Airdrie! Personally I didn’t love Pearl and Dot, but most people I talk to absolutely loved it 🤷🏼‍♀️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics