Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Dress for Bridal shower

Becky, on June 18, 2019 at 10:12 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

I have been trying to find a white dress or something even white with floral but haven't had much luck in person finding something. There are websites like vici dolls, shein, and few others have tried but yea they might be nice on website doesn't mean will suit me personally. Having such anxiety about trying to find a size or making sure its not unflattering. I gained about 40 pounds last year and haven't been able to loose. I am not used to this weight even though been a year. I am not in general a medium but sometimes have issues with my arms fitting into sleeves so have to go size up and then its bigger everywhere else.

Where did you guys get your dresses for bridal shower or bachorlette? Were they accurate with sizing? I don't really live near a mall so would have to drive few hours for one which is fine just finding the time to do it is hard. Going to attempt during a week night though that way can go.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on June 19, 2019 at 09:09
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks KellySmiley smile I will have to check those out!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second Lulus. I've had great luck with them.

Check out Boutique 1861. Its Canadian, so you won't be hit with customs like you would with Lulus. I find their quality to be really great and I'm a big fan.

Another online option is Morning Lavender, I've ordered from there a few times and haven't been hit with customs once.

In store, I would totally hit up The Bay. They always have great sales, there are TONS of white dress options, and its always great quality too.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Brittany! I always forget about this store and will check it out

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Last time I was in bootlegger they actually had a couple options for Cute white dresses.

Online I have had luck from Lulus.. but you have to read the reviews about sizing, and beware of customs.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Amanda, I'll have to check them out when make it to the city!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I have been keeping an eye on the sites, I did buy some last year but now they don't fit -.-

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'll have to check it out

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine from forever 21. just a simple white knitted type dress with buttons down the front.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have joined a local Wedding Buy and Sell group on Facebook where tons of brides sell stuff like this! Maybe look into if anyone is selling something locally!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a picture, but I found my dress* at Pennington's. They have sizes that range from 10+, so it was really nice being able to go into somewhere and know that I will find a dress I like in my size. *(my dress was white and floral)

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Casey! I will give them a try. My shower is in a local hall and both families are hosting together. Its brunch and bubbly themed!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a really hard time finding a dress that was not super casual, but not really dressy. My Step Mom is doing a High Tea for my side of the family, and then my MIL is doing one at a hall.

The one I got for my High Tea is from Le Chateau. I tried on the sizes that they had in store, and then just ordered online because they didn't have my size. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but it was honestly the only dress that I have found that fits the theme of the shower.

High Tea DressDress for Bridal shower 1

Now to hunt for a second dress. My SIL has gotten dresses from a website called BooHoo. She said they are good quality, good customer service, and pretty true to size.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics