Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacquie
Frequent user August 2022 Alberta

Downtown Calgary - Back up wedding picture locations

Jacquie, on March 11, 2022 at 17:04 Posted in Alberta 0 5

Anyone know of some great back up wedding picture locations in downtown Calgary? We are planning to do pictures at Prince's Island, but would like a back up in case it rains. I don't think the Devonian Gardens will work for us, they have a fee and I don't want to book it and pay for it if we won't be using it. Plus booking it and not using it means another couple would miss out on using it that date. I've heard of some people just doing their photos while wondering around the +15, but I don't know if that's actually allowed?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jacquie, on March 16, 2022 at 11:18
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the suggestions! I am only looking for indoor locations right now, just incase it rains. The Library is starting to look like the best place for this.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The public library is the only decent thing I can find! At this point I'm just really hoping it doesn't rain lol
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about the new public library?? Its so incredibly beautiful inside so that could maybe be a good option.

I think you'll be okay for doing photos outside, but maybe consider umbrella's (which could make super cute photos too) in case of rain?

I know my bestie did her photos there in October and it started to snow that day, so we ended up hanging out in the Sheraton (event wasn't there) and the hotel staff was nice enough to lend us some umbrella's to use to get us to the park somewhat dry.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Stephan Avenue - 8th Street Downtown & Peace Bridge on Prince's Island Park

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Look up the hashtag downtownyycwedding or Calgarywedding on Instagram a bunch of photos come up and then they usually have the location in the top corner

I don’t know what your vibe is but I saw some beautiful wedding photos pop up and they were at the new central library, above looking over the city by the zoo, I took my engagement photos at nose hill park and they turned out really beautiful! You can see what the scenery looks like in my profile photo! And another one I saw was rotary park!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics