Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Down on one knee

Joey, on June 5, 2019 at 08:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 24

Did you or your partner get down on one knee to pop the question? Or did you put a different twist on your big moment?

Did your proposal happen down on one knee?

Down on one knee 1Seated?Down on one knee 2Delivered by dog??Down on one knee 3

Photos via @justsaidyes

24 Comments

Latest activity by Jenna, on July 2, 2019 at 11:52
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    She got down on one knee. I proposed to her with a riddle hunt. Sounds silly but I’m all about cheesy presents haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He got down on one knee and definitely surprised me!
  • A
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    AmyB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine pulled the ring out of his pocket and didn’t say anything! I just went “oh! You’re doing this?” And he says “yeah”, I said “sweet!” And put it on haha. He asked “do you want me to go on one knee?” And I said naaah it’s fine! We’ve been together 10 year already... don’t need anything fancy, just the ring (finally!)
  • Melissa
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He got down on one knee! He also remembered that years ago I had said I'd love to have a picture of our engagement and did it while we were on a hike with one of our best friends - and with our dog in the picture for bonus points! Best moment of my life so far.

Down on one knee 4

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes he did get down on one knee, and it was so perfect. everything he said to me (I cant remember half the stuff now but at the time it was great) haha, as soon as I walked into his room and saw the candles lit I knew what was happening and i started crying instantly, it was awesome! his roommate was hiding and raking pictures but I didn't go all the way into his room so the pics are only of me HAHA

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He got down on one knee and even though I knew it was coming, the feeling was so incredible. He also finds it very weird that people ask if he got down on one knee haha

• Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He got down on one knee.. in the middle of one of our training runs, while preparing for a half marathon. I definitely didn't see it coming at that moment! Also, to most people they wouldn't find it very romantic.. it's definitely not the attire or 'look' I dreamt of having when being proposed to.. but, as two former varsity athletes.. it couldn't be more 'us'

Down on one knee 5
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did. - it was my birthday at a restaurant lol.
    Be still my heart☺️
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He got down on one knee! I was taking pictures of the landscape and he put himself behind me, so that when I turned around, he'd surprise me! It was perfect!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He got down on one knee! We were camping and it was just the sweetest thing ever. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go on one knee or not but in the moment he decided he wanted to.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He asked me while we were laying in bed so he didn't get down on one knee in the moment. But, I made him do it all over again that evening so I could have the experience of him asking on bended knee! Lol
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH got down on one knee to propose to me, and then I tackled him so we were on the same level lol Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of just him on one knee since our photographer didn't know the proposal was happening at that moment.

Down on one knee 6

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to visit a lighthouse on the beach and he told me to face it and he would take a photo of me. I turned back around just as he was getting down on his knee. I instantly turned into an ugly-crying mess Smiley xd

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! He got down on one knee. We were at a beach in Iceland and it was really slippery from all the seaweed and he almost fell lol

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He got down on one knee! it was so sweet
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually were laying in bed watching a movie, I asked for a drink and he handed my a little box instead. I just looked at it and than him, he smiled, I said yes without even a question.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He took me to the spot where we had our first kiss and got down on one knee Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He got down on one knee - I was pretty surprised!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He planned to get down on one knee but the proposal was right before a sleigh ride, and there was um..horse poop on the ground and we were going to a fancy meal afterwards! So he didn't, but then we we got the ring back from being resized he got down on one knee Smiley smile It's funny how you think all those perfect Hollywood moments are going to go and then life happens.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seated! I took my FH to the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland and when we got to the heart tunnel I was not about to go outside in -40 weather to then ask him so I asked in in the car Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did get down on one knee. I was super shocked that he did!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He did get down on one knee! I was completely surprised Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I interrupted it but he was trying to put it on the dogs collar! We were both sick and it was def surprise at time lol Like expected it to come but not when we were like that

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He got down on one knee. We were in our place for just a month when he got down on one knee and popped the question

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics