Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alysha
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

Does the Bride do something for her girls on the Bach?

Alysha, on March 2, 2020 at 12:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Hi ladies! I'm going on my bach weekend and wanted to know if anyone did something to show appreciation to your bach guests? I don't know anything about the weekend so not sure what exactly to do. My portion of the weekend is paid for from my understanding. I've heard brides picking up tabs or giving a small gift.

Thoughts?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 4, 2020 at 16:56
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Theres no rule. but ur friends are going there to party and hang out i dont think you need to buy them gifts. they want to be there for you

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of any solid etiquette/traditional rules surrounding thank you's for a Bach. I think generally the expectation is they wouldn't be expecting anything. Like with weddings though, today anything goes!

You can never go wrong with showing your appreciation to your friends, but don't stress yourself over it, especially if you don't know what is planned for the night. I'm in the same boat about being completely in the dark about the night's events...I don't even know if we'll be in a place where I can buy a round for everyone, even if I don't drink myself.

If it is not in the budget to do something like that, there are plenty of great options like writing a thank you cards to each gal attending telling her you loved having her there and what your friendship means to you.

For mine, I bought the shirts for the nights, and purposely got a design they could wear again that didn't overtly have Bach shirt on it :-P . We are all nerds....most are Harry Potter fans...lol...Picture is below.

Does the Bride do something for her girls on the Bach? 1

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most people do a little favour for the bachelorette. Usually something simple like a shirt or a hair tie, hangover kits seems to be popular ones if you're having a big night out

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think this is necessary, given you are already doing a wedding thank you gift. I don't see myself doing this for mine for my ladies. That being said, I am covering their dresses, make up and hair for the wedding day as well as getting ready robes as a little gift for the day of. The bachelorette should be your turn to be pampered!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re doing tshirts but the exact same puns! Lol!!!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Does the Bride do something for her girls on the Bach? 2
    These are the ones I've fallen for! There are like 30 pun options so I can get everyone something different that they'll love.
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/523371604/bachelorette-party-shirts-tops

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL my group is doing this! So fun!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got little goodie bags for my girls at the bachelorette! we did vegas, so i got them a little bag with some electrolyte tablets, lip balm, and hair elastics plus a cute cup for them with their name on it!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I went on a bachelorette weekend, I wasn't part of the wedding party but still really close with the bride (she has 5 sisters so her wedding party was all of them and one friend) and she gave everyone a little gift. For the bridesmaids/MOH she got monogrammed makeup bags and necklaces with their name initial. Then for the rest of us she got us boxes of chocolates and nail polish in her wedding colour.

I'm not 100% sure if the monogrammed bags and necklaces were their gifts or if they were a little something extra as a thank you for her bachelorette and they got something else later though. But it's all up to you! We didn't expect her to pay for a single thing for the entire weekend, but she really wanted to at least pay for a portion of the tips when out at restaurants, so she did.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope, I've never heard of giving a gift to the BM's at the bachelorette party. Just the thank-you gifts to the entire wedding party either at the rehearsal, in the form of buying their outfit, paying for hair/makeup, or given on the day of the wedding.

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH hasn’t quite told me what’s going down that weekend but I know there will be LOTS of drinking involved. I already gave them proposal gifts so I think I’m going to be making mini hangover rescue kits, mini bottles of rose for each girl and a personalized penis cookie LOL
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think for the most part people want to pay for you, but there's no rule that says you can't buy a round or give a thank you gift.

My girls and I are going to a winery for the weekend and I've been planning on buying their t-shirts (not the traditional bridesmaids ones but fun wine puns!) from Etsy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics