Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Robert
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Does 25 people mean 25 people? Stage 2

Robert, on May 29, 2021 at 12:30 Posted in Ontario 0 4

Does 25 people mean 25 people or is this a 25 means 35 type situation? Does 25 include servers or are they not part of the gathering? At what point does the "Wedding" end and it become a gathering? Can I save the paperwork for the next day and its all a "Religious" gathering? What are the rules in plain English? GAAAHHHHH!! I just want someone to give me some solid answers so I can plan this damned wedding and be done with it.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on May 30, 2021 at 17:25
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hank has laid out the numbers pretty succinctly.

Your wedding turns into a reception when the ceremony is over. Once you've said your vows, signed the marriage license, kissed, and walked down the aisle you need to switch to reception mode and keep it to 5/25 people depending on whether you're inside or outside.

It doesn't matter if you're all vaccinated. The rules don't make exceptions for fully vaccinated people - it's also highly unlikely everyone will be fully vaccinated plus have 2-3 weeks for full immunity to kick in by the time of your wedding in July so a moot point.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In the colour code system, the gathering limit included external vendors (officiant, photographer, DJ etc) since they're not employed by the venue and not beholden to their work policies in keeping parties in line with guidelines. Any staff working directly for the venue (coordinator, servers, janitorial staff) don't count towards the limit. This is regardless of whether you're vaccinated or not and it's safe to assume certain things like mask wearing will still be in place.

To put it simply:

Ceremony outdoors = however many people can fit if they're all 2 meters apart

Ceremony indoors = 15% of the room capacity

Reception outside = 25 people

Reception inside = 5 people

• Kristen
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anyone being paid to be there does not count as part of the gathering as they follow different restrictions as part of their jobs
  • Robert
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Robert ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What if we and all our guests are vaccinated? What then?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics