Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you wear your ring to sleep?

Lynnie, on February 13, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 49

Do you wear your engagement ring or wedding band to bed?

Personally - I can't fall asleep with it on! But my husband wears his band 24/7 Smiley heart

What do you do??

Do you wear your ring to sleep? 1

Photo from Anzhelika Gekkelman Photography in Vancouver

Make sure to check out 10 Times When You Shouldn’t Wear Your Engagement Ring !

49 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on September 15, 2018 at 15:16
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only take my ring off when I shower, or am going to be doing something with my hands that might get my ring super dirty

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually I can relate to both sides of this one, when we 1st got engaged I never took my ring off. After loosing a diamond out of my ring and noticing that it was always dirty I stoped wearing it to bed. Now it’s just normal for me to take it off and put it on the dresser before bed, and my fiancé does the same (he has a wooden band and a silver band). Whether that will change once his silicon ring arrives I’m not sure as he won’t even have to take it off for work anymore.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never take mine off! I know I should sometimes but then I worry I’ll forget it somewhere or lose it. My cat has a thing for jewelry and I don’t feel like having to pay for a vet to pull something else out of her bowls lol!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only remove mine when going tubing at the cottage or assisting with surgery at work, otherwise I feel so naked without it
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I only take it off when moisturizing or making something that involves kneading.

• J
    Newbie July 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Judyanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never take mine off only when I'm heavy cleaning I take it off.
  • N
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I remove mine when I go to sleep and when I have to do chores/errands that are more hands on.

I part time at a ski rental shop and made the mistake of not taking it off, i thought I chipped the diamond... My heart stopped, never again!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used to have a hard time sleeping with it then I just got used to it and never take it off.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes.
    it only gets removed before washing hair, applying moisturizer, going to the gym/swimming, having my nails done and making meatballs by hand.
  • Jenna
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sleep with mine on, I never take it off unless I have to clean it. Maybe see if you can get silicone bands made, there suppose to be really good, not slide around, you can get them engraved and there less expensive so you can have fewer worries about losing them. You can wear your real ring to events or date nights out with your husband.

• Debbie
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Debbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t sleep with mine.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sleep with mine on. I actually don’t feel it, because I am used to wearing jewelry 24/7.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sleep with mine on!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only wear my rings when I'm out. My hands get warm really quickly and then it gets uncomfortable, so I where them to work or when I leave the house, but anytime I'm home, I take it off and keep it in it's dish where it's safe.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear mine to bed. I only take it off to shower, do my hair, and do the dishes or cook messy hands-on food.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never take mine off unless i'm making dough or cooking really messy food.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never take mine off. I have never seen my mother take hers off—even to sleep or shower, so I have always planned to wear mine 24/7, so that’s what I do.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried sleeping with mine on when we first got engaged; I found my finger was swollen in the morning. I now take it off and put it on a little silver bunny ring holder next to my bed every night!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahah that's a good point!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off to sleep as I move around so much and my fingers swell. I usually take it off once I get home at the end of the day as well.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd never be able to fall asleep with it on. Plus, my fingers swell at night, so it wouldn't be fun dealing with that in the morning. If I'm home, my ring is usually off and put away. I don't wear it while cooking/cleaning, etc.

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take it off when I'm in the shower but thats it. I have a fear of it falling down the drain.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear it when I go out but usually when I am home I don't wear it. I never wear mine to work. I work with way to many chemicals and would never want to chance getting an acid or something on it. Sadly it probably spends more time in the box then on my finger.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seems to be a common theme! I take mine off only to shower, cook, use hand cream, or do dishes. Definitely leave it on to sleep. I also leave it off to blow dry my hair since my hair always gets caught in the setting.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes exactly ! Couldn’t agree more Smiley smile
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never take mine off!!
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear mine most of the time, minus when I’m washing dishes and cream. I love my ring, and would hate to see it full of guk or cream.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It took some getting used to for sure ! But I only take it off when I shower, do dishes, or go to the gym !
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear mine 24/7 only take it off to shower, prep certain foods and when creaming my hands. They get so dry in the winter.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, I hardly ever take it off. Basically only when kneading dough or similar food prep kinda things
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off, I wear it when I go out. I don't wear mine to work because there are way too many spots where I could lose it/it get dirty, etc.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear it to bed, but take off in the shower, or cooking especially handling raw meat

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics