Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mikayla
Newbie August 2022 Quebec

Do you think it's okay to ask the venue chef to change the menu?

Mikayla, on February 16, 2022 at 13:21 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

Hi,

I'm getting married in August of this year. Our venue was in the process of overhauling their wedding menus when we booked the place. The new chef they hired specializes in vegan cuisine which is amazing because we have quite a few family and friends who are either vegan/vegetarian or have severe dietary restrictions. I received the menu a few days ago and noticed that there were next to no vegan options and the remainder of the menu was quite boring with the exception of a duck option as one of the mains. Is it rude of me to request that the chef alter the menu so that there are far more vegan options as well as more unique choices (as long as it is withing her capabilities)? The venues event planner had told me in advance that I had the option to customize, but is there such thing as customizing too much of a wedding menu?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carly, on February 18, 2022 at 23:06
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is absolutely no harm in asking. If you were making this decision less than a month out than maybe I’d say it’s cutting it a bit close, but like I said, no harm in asking☺️
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is no harm in asking- seriously it's 2022 I can't imagine a venue not having vegan options....

• Mikayla
    Mikayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank so much for the advice. I'll be sure to do that!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just reference the conversation you had with the event planner and mention you're looking for more vegan options. Most chefs have at least two vegetarian/vegan entrees.

• Mikayla
    Mikayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They did not offer a vegan menu. I was shown an old menu from the previous chef and then they let me know that their new chef was trained in vegan cuisine so it would be rather easy for her to make changes to accommodate once the new menu was created. The current menu only has one vegan option and its only in the appetizers.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When you booked the venue, did they offer a vegan menu?

You can certainly ask about having more vegan options but to ask them to completely overhaul a menu would be too much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics