Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Do we need engagement photos?

Brittany, on February 18, 2022 at 07:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5
Our wedding is in July this year (2022). We weren't planning on doing engagement photos since we couldn't find a use for them.
We are planning on sending email save the dates by the end of this month so they wouldn't be included. And we don't have screens for our reception. Have you guys used them for anything else?
Anyone opt out of engagement photos? Pros and cons? Debating if we need to squeeze that in when the weather gets better (living in Toronto).

5 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on February 18, 2022 at 20:11
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do whatever you want to do. Ours came with our package. I'm really happy we did them - we got to know our photographer(s), got comfortable being infront of the camera, and ended up with beautiful photos (which was reassuring too I suppose). I put them in a photobook, we used one for my shower thank you cards, and we have a nice gallery wall in our bedroom.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not bother with engagement pictures. We just couldn't be bothered lol. We have kids already and would rather do family pictures rather than engagement ones.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You certainly don't have to do anything if you don't want. Other than them not being used for the invites, are you completely opposed to it though? If it's included in your photography package, why not make a fun date out of it? It's a great way prior to the wedding to get a feel of how it's like to be professionally photographed, especially if you're camera shy. And you get to review your photographer's work on yourself prior to the wedding.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's whatever you and your fiance want... I used then in the invites as I didn't do online invites, I was also thinking of having some around the guest book along with other photos of us. Totally up to you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you really don't want to have engagement photos you don't have to. It's really up to what you and your fiance want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics