Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Do vendors count in the gathering limit?

Joyce, on September 9, 2020 at 11:21 Posted in Ontario 1 4
I'm getting mixed answers from online.
https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-reopening-recovery-rebuild/covid-19-reopening-guidelines-for-businesses-organizations/covid-19-guidance-indoor-outdoor-events/

The City of Toronto Guidance states that the performances and staff do not count toward the gathering limit. I wonder if it only includes the staff of the venue or it also includes third party vendors like photographers and videographers.
Also please check the article below. " The government of Ontario is allowing meeting and event facilities to expand their indoor capacity to up to 50 guests per room."

https://www.thelawyersdaily.ca/articles/20662/ontario-increases-indoor-gathering-limit-for-meeting-and-event-facilities

What do you think?
Thanks all in advance!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Daniela, on September 9, 2020 at 18:53
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue further stated that for external vendors if they are getting a meal they are considered a guest, if they are not getting a meal, they are considered staff. But really all vendors who stay through the reception should be given a meal therefore yes they count towards guest count.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your venue's staff (event coordinator, servers, cleaners, bartenders etc) do not count towards the gathering limit but external vendors not from the venue (photographers, DJ, wedding planner) do since they're not employees of the venue.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would ask your venue how they have interpreted it, to me it seems that you can have 50 guests in addition to any staff or professionals in the building.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

| would imagine the venue would consider the vendors as part of the count since they are present to do their work for your event. Some may not be considered such as decorator, baker and florist. They are only there to set up and leave.

Venues staff wouldn't be counted part of your list.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics