Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tatiana
Expert April 2018 Ontario

Do i get a gift to Bridal Shower Host?

Tatiana, on November 28, 2017 at 14:08 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5

Need to know what the etiquette around shower hostess gifts? Do I get one for my future sis in law who is planning mine? Although invited guests are FH's side, none of my BF?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 16, 2017 at 23:45
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely. Theyre doing a ton of work

• Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes definitely getting, especially since i met with them and wow a lot of work.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, absolutely get the host a thank you gift. It's proper etiquette and a nice way to show your appreciation for the work and cost that goes into throwing a shower.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Joey. Yes we discussed guest list in advance and she will do aq lovely job, just my friends not really coming, so more my fustration over that coming through, but i think they are planning a different event. But i am new to planning a wedding and one of the first to plan their wedding from my friends so was very confused about what is expected Smiley winking. What type of gifts work best? or maybe i'll start a different dicussion to get some suggestions lol.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, it is proper etiquette to get a hostess gift for your party host. Are you having a disagreement with her about the guest lists? You mention this as a reason to maybe not give her a gift. Have you had the chance to talk to her about why you would like to have invited? Though she is the host you should be consulted on the guest list.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics