Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Beginner September 2019 British Columbia

Do i decorate myself or hire someone?

Shannon, on February 28, 2018 at 21:49 Posted in British Columbia 0 3

My wedding is on September 1st, 2019. We have our venue booked already and catering. Believe it or not, our original choice of date was already taken.

I know doing all the decorating ourselves would be A LOT of work and I have no idea where to start. We could easily find decorations second hand through facebook groups, but I definitely know doing it myself would not turn out like my dream wedding.

I have looked at hiring decorators but they can be very expensive... more expensive than my venue.

How did you do the decor for your wedding?

Tips and tricks would be great! Every time I start to gather ideas and look at stuff to get, I stop because it is just so overwhelming.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Dani, on March 10, 2018 at 03:17
  • Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be decorating it in the morning (wedding is at 2pm) with my mom and bridesmaids. I am aiming for something simple - diy centerpiece that we can do at home the night before, baloons, chair covers and sash.

centerpieceDo i decorate myself or hire someone? 1

https://www.afloral.com/blogs/how-to-diy/how-to-make-a-floating-candle-centerpiece-video

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Shannon!

It really depends on what you want, your budget and if you have the time to do the set up yourself. I have decided to rent our linens, chair covers etc. The fee for the rental company to set up was not within our budget. We however are very fortunate that our venue is allowing us access a day before the wedding. We are also doing a little rehearsal at the same time. Depending on the venue some places only allow set up/take down on the day/evening of the wedding. My fiancee and I are paying for most of the wedding so this decision was a easy one. The florist and baker will be setting up theyre stuff themselves but the price for that was managable.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Shannon! How much decor are you thinking?

I rented linens, chairs, and chargers through an event rentals company that set all of it up, and my florist delivered and set up our centerpieces and things. I gave the rest of my decor to my wedding planner - but it was just a few signs and some cocktail napkins and drink sticks! Smiley shame

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics