Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

DIYs for your wedding! Share your pictures!

Emilie, on November 5, 2016 at 10:05

Posted in DIY 47

Hey wonderful community DIYs are such a great way to get creative about your wedding and make it completely unique! Share pictures of the DIYs you're making for your wedding!

Hey wonderful community Smiley heart

DIYs are such a great way to get creative about your wedding and make it completely unique!

Share pictures of the DIYs you're making for your wedding!

Wedding DIYs! Share your pictures!!

47 Comments

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! I've definitely had a lot of time to work on things so hopefully our guests notice and appreciate it!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is commitment! but well worth the effort- they fit so well. Using quotes from one of your found books is great. Your brain has come up with so many creative ideas. I can't wait for pictures to see everything all put together!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! We've been collecting vintage books in our wedding colours (purple and grey) over the past 2 years. We found some in used book stores, online and from vintage markets. Some of them are really old and I love finding inscriptions in them. My favourite is a purple book that was from the Elks Lodge and has quotes to use during toasts!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

the glitter numbers are fabulous- my friend had table numbers like them...I wish she'd kept them, you probably could have bought them. I can ask how she did them if you need pointers Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great work on these- the centerpieces are my favourite! did you use your favourite books? Or love stories?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! Its a great idea to pick things up as you see them- it would suck to go back and have the things you like sold out.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh cool! I do remember you mentioning that you got your paper flowers from Etsy now

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I could make paper flowers like that but I bought them from Etsy. The shop is called More Paper Than Shoes and she makes some incredible paper flowers!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you make the paper flower on the book pile yourself? It's really pretty!

And clearly Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you! That's so awesome that you guys also met on eHarmony! Clearly it works! Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sam your DIYs have me all like Smiley love

Also my FH's name is Colin (only 1 L on his though) and we met on eHarmony too!!!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just finished my last chalkboard last night!Our Story Chalkboard

Welcome Sign

Book Centrepieces

Book Centrepieces

Table Numbers

Table Numbers

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So much DIY, I love it!!I just finished the template for our "nerds" favors tonight (seriously got in the way of my WW time all day Smiley tongue )

DIYs for your wedding! Share your pictures! - 1
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I still have a while before any diy is needed, but I went shopping for Christmas decorations today and picked up an amazing bird cage which I plan on using for my card box Smiley love

DIYs for your wedding! Share your pictures! - 1

DIYs for your wedding! Share your pictures! - 2
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be making these table numbers for the tables myself. I will be making the centerpieces myself (the banquet hall provides most of these items for me so I don't even have to go out and buy a whole lot to do them up nicely. I will be creating a table to honour my grandfathers as they have both passed away - not sure what I will be doing just yet... I also will be making these table cards myself (that is if we decide to have them).

Gold table numbers

Centerpiece

Gold table cards

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics