Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner September 2020 Ontario

DIY wood sign

Ashley, on March 15, 2018 at 16:27 Posted in DIY 0 4
Hi everyone!

This may be a silly question but I really love the look of this sign (included a picture). So far what I’ve found online is on the pricer side. I was wondering if there I could DIY this. I found some tutorials online. They are a tad confusing, but I was wondering if anyone knows some tricks or ways I could do this, I’m not the greatest with free handing it so I would need a transfer or something. But I’m not sure where to buy it or what I should do.

anyways any ideas on this diy or know where I could purchase this or tools to make this.

thank you
xoxoxoxoxo

DIY wood sign 1

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 16, 2018 at 13:12
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can the wood at a local lumber store and nails to make the size of the sign and get the printing shop or staples to print out the wording.
  • Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve seen a YouTube video where you print out the actual size words you want, then colour the back of that paper in white chalk, then trace over the letters with a pencil against your wood sign which should transfer some of that chalk to the wood. This creates a faint outline for you to paint/write over it on your actual sign.

Not sure if that’s too confusing? Lol here’s an example of what I found: https://youtu.be/858MFOfVffQ

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the writing I would get someone who does vinyl and have it placed on if possible ? I’m not sure if would stick properly or how that works!
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing (or at least going to TRY to SIT signs like this). My first attempt is going to involve printing (or buying) an appropriate stencil (s). If that doesn't work... I haven't thought about the strategy after that.
    But in terms of the base, my FH is making the wooden bases of my signs by glueing pine boards together and texturing it with a blow torch. The result is super easy and gives that same distressed look as in your pic

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics