Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Newbie December 2018 Alberta

diy wedding - Rent or buy?

Barbie, on February 28, 2018 at 16:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Hi everyone! I'm going to DIY my wedding and I'm hoping to get some insights - it's going to be an outdoor reception and i'm planning the lights we are going to use. is it worth buying the lights - edison light bulbs string or patio light string or is this something that we should rent?

Would you buy your own decor to use for your wedding if it's going to be DIY?

Thanks

6 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 20, 2018 at 11:20
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see people selling tots of lights after a wedding online from kijiji or wedding swap sites

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Buy your lights and resell them afterward. I bought mine online for super cheap and love them!

diy wedding - Rent or buy? 1

diy wedding - Rent or buy? 2

diy wedding - Rent or buy? 3
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having an outdoor reception and I bought my lights used from a wedding buy and sell page. There’s some things that are cheaper to rent and some to buy I always just compare prices. There’s quite a few items I’ve rented or purchased used on wedding buy and sell pages. Not a lot I would say that I’ve boughten new yet!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest first looking at buy and sell groups to see if there are any people are selling. Keep in mind the storage required for them afterwards, until you're able to either sell or get rid of them.

I'm renting a lot of things, as we don't live in the same city, so I can't bring home anything, as we're flying.

It may be cheaper to buy, depending on how many you need, if you can find enough from the stores/wedding groups and whether you can store them. If it's a no for any of these things, it's probably best to look at renting.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided to rent evrything mostly to avoid storage and the space to have itema sold after and worked out to the same value as buying. Centerpeices with floral ball and backdrop were the only things rented for the day.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to buy most my decor 2nd hand or on the cheap and then resell it so it ends up cheaper than renting. Lots of people looking for 2nd hand decor so should be easy enough to sell it after the wedding. I'm buying my chair covers from the US for around $2.00 each so even if I re-sell them at $1 each someone's getting a great deal and they're only costing me $1 each in the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics