Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie October 2022 Nova Scotia

DIY Wedding Ideas

Nicole, on July 10, 2019 at 10:11 Posted in DIY 0 10
Hey guys! So we finally booked our date, but we’re planning our own wedding since we aren’t very religious people & don’t want the big fancy wedding.

We’re sticking to a Fall Themed wedding, at a barn if we can. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for any DIY fall barn/rustic themed ideas???
My mother in law sees so that’s an added bonus, but I’m stuck on where to even start!
any tips or advice would be appreciated!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on July 19, 2019 at 15:19
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your local FB wedding buy/sell group will be your best friend. I have found most of my decor off there (table numbers, seating chart/etc). You're in luck with doing rustic because that is about 90% of the wedding stuff being sold on my local group. Rustic decor is PLENTIFUL!

Also, I found a local wedding rental place for stuff like candle holders, cake stands, and easels. That stuff would have been so expensive to buy and time consuming to source. This was an easy/cheaper option by far.

• Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had some AMAZING luck on local FB buy-sell groups, especially wedding-related ones. Found 20 table runners for $15, 22 unused votives with candles for $10, 100 charger plates for $1 each. If you're doing a rustic fall wedding, keep a close eye on these groups in late-fall and I'm sure you'll find some fantastic deals!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole,

Yay, so exciting! I hear you on just having a small wedding.

I think having a fall themed barn wedding sounds amazing! I think you could do a ton on DIY fall/rustic ideas.

Here is a link to doing your own eco friendly centrepieces.

This article has a bunch of fall themed ideas.

I also love pinterest for DIY ideas. I honestly got a ton of ideas from Pinterest.

If you give yourself a lot of time (and patience), you will have no problems with doing DIY projects. It's good to look on the local Facebook Marketplace or Wedding pages for other brides selling their wedding stuff. Happy planning!

• T
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend used a lot of pumpkins in her decorations, painted them to match colours she wanted. she even had a cute one that said " I do" they used in photos!

"I do" PumpkinDIY Wedding Ideas 1Other Pumpkin ideasDIY Wedding Ideas 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

th?id=OIP.BudLUUmObDXFLcBLvynCfgHaJ4&w=1

th?id=OIP.GoQdrcz5GoprfAgX4NP8KQHaFj&w=1th?id=OIP.HZI_uv_1hKZ3RECFWaJ8gwHaFj&w=1th?id=OIF.oBPUf%2BU41HKblB%2B9X3AkAQ&w=1

th?id=OIP.hNrdzGneS_6a0nUT2lX5KQHaFf&w=1

Reception setting for the after in the barn as the doors can be closed beforehand and opened after the wedding.

Wedding ideas:

th?id=OIP.__TA1u0HlGkMtWo59ZZ7OQHaLH&w=1

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are inspo pics for me- I bought the ladders with edge wood. Doing similar photo area as the one shown. I will be having white table clothes with burlap runners and Centre pieces similar to both the tables

DIY Wedding Ideas 3

DIY Wedding Ideas 4

DIY Wedding Ideas 5

DIY Wedding Ideas 6

DIY Wedding Ideas 7
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you can - I love the look of wooden pallets - just grabbed one that was at my work and plan on using it to let guests know the order of events like this picture I got from Pinterest:

DIY Wedding Ideas 8

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Attached some photos for ideas of DIY. I used wish for lace table clothes for some tables and they were great. Burlap table runners you can get off of local wedding swap sites for cheap or try amazon/wish. I also did cutlery burlap holders and cheaper on amazon. I can show you few of my own inspo pics I have saved and items I have bought

• Nicole
    Newbie October 2022 Nova Scotia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    More rustic then chic rustic!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Nicole, are you wanting the whole chic rustic or more rustic? I know people tend to do the wooden slab for a center piece with mason jars on it with either water and candle or babys breath and a lantern or something simple. Usually mason jars have twine on the top or burlap with lace around them- you can get this burlap from dollar store even and same with twine. People tend to do the burlap runners or lace table clothes as well.

DIY Wedding Ideas 9

DIY Wedding Ideas 10

DIY Wedding Ideas 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics