Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

diy Wedding Decorations Projects

Tunisha, on June 25, 2021 at 17:02 Posted in DIY 3 43
Hello Everyone! 👋🏾

Wanted to check in to see if any of you are conducting DIY projects for their wedding decorations or bouquets or photo booth. What other DIY options are there. Don’t want to miss any to see if I can do it on my own.
I’m planning to work on some projects - table decor using wine bottles, I would like to make our bouquets and maybe even the photo booth filter thingie. Haha.
These are the ideas below:diy Wedding Decorations Projects 1
diy Wedding Decorations Projects 2
diy Wedding Decorations Projects 3

How many DIY projects are you working on? How is it going so far? Did it come out the way you want it to? How many months did you do it before your day? Anything will help to get me on track to start mine and confirm all is well when I plan. Haha

43 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on June 29, 2021 at 11:42
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Carmel!
    Oh yes, this makes sense. Hahaha! I took a look at your page and even saw that you’re in Ottawa! I missed that! Hahahaha! So yeah, you definitely would do great since we hardly have stuff like this here. I would even be a client! Haha!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thank you!!! I think it's why I'm so involved in the online wedding communities now 😅😅
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, they definitely see the talent and think you should get it in ASAP! Or even instead of being a planner. You start your business in designing and they request the design and come pick it up. Hahaha! This is good stuff!! 😂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know right! I did not think about this at all, was looking at table number options to buy and this is a pretty cool idea!!
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!!! Happy to help!! Now that my wedding is over I love sharing what I did!
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha!! Everyone, especially at work, had asked along the way, "what are you going to do after your wedding??" 🤣🤣 I loved that part of it. The details. I can't imagine the stress of doing it for someone else though!!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the look of the table numbers on the bottles! I made heart shaped tags with the numbers on them but if I don't like the look, I'll use my cricut to add the table numbers! Great idea!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh these are amazing Carmel!! 😍👏🏾
    I love them. You need to be a wedding designer and planner. Hahahaha!

I love the table number on the bottles instead of having to get separate table indicators. The photobooth is pretty good idea, especially when indoors.
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes of course... Let me know if this is enough.
    diy Wedding Decorations Projects 4The photos of the table numbers on the tables are all backyards haha.

Here is the photobooth when you walk in.... (I did the sign too 😊) otherwise we only have pics of us in it! We had all the props on a table infront. diy Wedding Decorations Projects 5

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh this is lovely Sarah! Good job and good for you!! Those are absolutely lovely! 😍

If you don’t mind, please share your other DIY ideas?
  • S
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been diy'ing like crazy since I seem to have all these grand ideas that I'd rather do myself. My favourite so far are definitely these ornament placecards!! diy Wedding Decorations Projects 6

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s amazing that you have it the day before! I wish we did, but at least I have a few hours and with some assistance to get it all set the day of.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! I plan on organizing everything that way even though I will be there setting up. We get access at noon the day before!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s an amazing idea.
    Thank you Liberty. Really appreciate it! 🙏🏾💕 I can’t wait for the actual date, getting excited now hearing the organization part. Hahaha!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A helpful tip I saw if you can't be there to set up was to include pictures of how you want things set up and everything in separate boxes. Like everything that goes on table 1 is in one box, everything for the gift/card table is in one box, etc
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Tracy! 👋🏾
    Thank you so much for your message. I really appreciate it! I am definitely working on a plan to make sure I have everything and how I would like it to be.

I might have to be there at venue to decorate. I cannot imagine not being there. Hahaha. At least we’ll have the venue at 9am, so this should work. Or I send them photos of how it should look. 😂😂 But I trying to have to all in motion the time comes.
    🙏🏾💕😁
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like a lot of great ideas! Congratulations on your creativity. If you can do it yourself / with friends and family then do it....just don't spread yourself too thin. You can take on too much (as I have been reminded often). Also have a plan for setting up your DIY items, and have someone in charge of setting it all up. Oh, and make sure you have a place to store everything. Have fun!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s awesome! That’s a really great process and happy that it turned out great for you!! Thank you for sharing!!! 👏🏾😁

I’ll have to definitely set everything together for my projects to have it all planned to start in July!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just got a big sheet of wood and stained it. Then the wording is a stencil and I just put a air dryer to it to melt it a little to the wood and then I put a top coat/waterproof stain on top to keep it in place so it doesn't peel off in the sun and heat! It took a couple of tries but it was fun to make! There's a couple of youtube videos as well if you're thinking of doing the same thing.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh yes, I saw a few of them. 😍👏🏾 You did amazing! I’m so happy that I was able to assist and that you’re able to get all your projects up and looking great!

If you don’t mind, can you share the photos on the photobooth that you did and the bootlegs with the table numbers.

I found a mini photo Canon printer in our basement that we had years ago that I forgot about, that I will be using to make this for the welcome table and seating indicators like this…diy Wedding Decorations Projects 7

• C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You've seen most of my projects on the last Cricut post and the other photobooth post (thank you for your lovely comments about them 😊) but I wanted to add we spray painted bottles gold too and put the table numbers on them! Not sure if you planned that already but thought I'd add.

I started working on all the projects 6+ months out but mostly just the designing aspect. Not knowing what was happening with covid definitely slowed down my motivation so I ended up doing a lot within the last week 😅 definitely spread it out and enjoy the process! It all takes longer than you think too. For our acrylic signs - I did black writing but forgot our table cloths for those tables were black so you couldn't see them 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️we had extra gold tissue paper from the welcome hotel bags (also DIYd/cricuted the tags on them) so my amazingly creative 11 year old niece used the tissue as a backing 👌. Happy to share photos again if you'd like.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yessssss, I really hope that works out for you both! Because you’re all set and just waiting! It should get there though!! 🙏🏾
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh Desiree,
    These are amazing. I love it! 👏🏾 😍
    You guys did amazing!!!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh that’s really nice!!!!
    Looks very beautiful! How did you get it done?
  • Desiree
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    41 days 😅. With fingers and toes crossed we can have some kinda reception come aug .
  • Desiree
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    diy Wedding Decorations Projects 8
    diy Wedding Decorations Projects 9
    My fiancé wanted to add something to our centrepiece so he made these boxes with the cactus ( the rods will have rope around it)
    The little candle holder will hold small white rocks and then one big rock on top with a saying on it like love, dream,hope
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I want to make sure that all of our guests know before the ceremony that we don't want any cameras or phones out, so I made this sign UNPLUGGED CEREMONY

diy Wedding Decorations Projects 10

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhh yes. Will definitely keep you posted.
    Need to tell myself to get on them ASAP! Hahahaha!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Please share yours as you do them!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s amazing!
    I’m happy that your diy projects are going the way you like it! Wishing you all the best in your other projects.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! It's such a great hack to make the signs look perfectly hand written! I learned the hack from Tina Le on YouTube!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh my goodness! That’s genius!
    I was wondering how you did it but said I’ll check later, hahahaha! But thanks for sharing! So amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics