Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Annalise
Beginner September 2019 Alberta

DIY Save the dates

Annalise, on February 19, 2019 at 00:06 Posted in DIY 0 11

Felt quite proud of my DIY save the dates, but now just fretting for probably no reason that they look a bit too low budget.

And is it bad form to just send out on facebook or by email? I think we'll do full mailed invites so it's not like we're trying to scrimp and save on everything, but some things just don't always seem worth the cost....

Also, it's just our style of humour to have two little ravens fighting over the rings in case it's not too clear!DIY Save the dates 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on February 22, 2019 at 07:56
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's lovely!

We've done electronic save the dates and invites, and do not regret our decision one bit!

• Annalise
    Annalise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great, thank you everyone. Just a moment of second guessing! I was likely just up too late and fretting. Sometimes it's the littlest things with wedding planning that I'll overthink, yet some big decisions get made easily, haha.

We've since sent them out by email or facebook messenger and they've been positively received Smiley smile

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love them!! They’re super cute and creative, be proud of them! And the fact they represent you guys’s personalities is even better! They don’t look low budget at all!! Gorgeous Smiley smile honestly

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love your creative style! Send them out Smiley smile
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love these, they look fantastic. I see no issues sending them by email or facebook.

• Annalise
    Annalise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point! We're thinking fb messenger only because that's true that a public post could get awkward fast.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks good to me! No need to spend money on Save the Dates anyway!! I was actually going to either email or send on FB messenger as well (at this point I figure I have so much going on with the wedding social and we have been engaged for over a year so most if not all of our family knows the date Smiley tongue ).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this! That looks amazing. I also wouldn't put it out on Facebook incase there are some people on there that you wouldn't be inviting.

I would stick to email!

• Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looks great! I think it’s a smart way to help save by making them yourself, especially if you are that artistic. I think posting/sending them on Facebook or email is fine.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FSIL posted her save the date to facebook!
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's adorable! I wouldn't send over facebook, but we did it through email and it was great. Good luck, those look fab!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics