Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Monique
Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan

DIY Playlist

Monique, on February 2, 2020 at 20:44

Posted in DIY 34

So my fiance and I decided to make our own playlist since we didn't think that many people would dance and we don't have enough money in the budget for a DJ. We've got about 6.5 months until our wedding and I'm stressed about this playlist. Here are a few problems I'm having: 1. Our music tastes are...

So my fiance and I decided to make our own playlist since we didn't think that many people would dance and we don't have enough money in the budget for a DJ. We've got about 6.5 months until our wedding and I'm stressed about this playlist. Here are a few problems I'm having:

1. Our music tastes are like Linkin Park, Green Day, Three Days Grace, etc. The articles I've been looking up suggest a bunch of songs like backstreet boys, 90s dancing tunes, that people will enjoy. The more songs we add like this to our playlist, it doesn't feel true to us since we don't listen to that kind of music.

2. The guests invited are a variety of ages, from 12 to 75. I'm not sure what kind of music everyone likes. We put a 'suggested songs' part on our wedding website but I don't think many people have looked at it/will look at it.

3. I'm not sure how many of our guests are into dancing (we're a group who are more likely to talk, drink and play board games). I worry that I'll create a playlist like a club would have and no one will dance. I don't care if no one dances, but it would be pretty weird if "Yeah!" by Usher was playing, and people were trying to talk and didn't like the music.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

34 Comments

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's a link to my Wedding/ Wedding Social Playlist on Spotify: Tori's Social/Wedding Playlist

We also had some polka's and waltz's for the Ukrainian's and older crowd and it was a pretty good playlist if you ask me. For sure have some Green Day in there too!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe instead of having dancing be the focus you could have a few tables of board games and decks of cards. You can find lots at thrift stores so that you can have classics like guess who, Jenga, or battleship. You could personalize them, like Jenga with fun memories or drinking game instructions on the pieces, and guess who made from the wedding party/parents.
    You can still have a dancefloor and a playlist for the guests who are interested, but the guests who aren't into that have an option too.
    As far as songs if you start to build a Spotify list of what you love it will build on it while staying more in the genre. If you don't like the "crowd pleasing" songs then I wouldn't bother playing them. It's your party after all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics