Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie June 2018 British Columbia

diy Molded Chocolates as favours

Nicole, on February 10, 2018 at 03:04 Posted in DIY 0 9

Hi guys,

Wondering if any of you have any experience making molded chocolates, I'm planning on making Chocolate Frogs as our favours, but how do I know which chocolate is of decent quality to melt and to avoid air bubbles? My wedding is sitting at 50 guests, so it seemed ridiculous to get a qoute from a chocolate shop.

I guess if they get warbled, the worst that can happen is we have a lot of ugly frogs & I wrap them in foil..

9 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on February 16, 2018 at 07:33
  • D
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As long as you temper the chocolate when melting and tap out thebair bubbles from the mold you should have great looking chocolates with a nice shine and snap to them Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Use silicone molds, they are the best. Make sure you spray them well before putting the chocolate in. Any type of baking chocolate should work fine. To get out the air bubbles you can gently tap the molds so that everything settles.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask for bakers chocolate or any chocolate you want to use. Mold are sold at bulk batn too.
  • Nicole
    Newbie June 2018 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for the help, I'll definitely be checking out bulk barn and doing a trial run!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd buy it from the bulk barn or if you can find good quality chocolate on sale somewhere that would work too. That being said, I would buy just a small portion and have a trial first just to make sure it all works and looks the way you want it 😊
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey. I was going to do this exact thing...but with how busy i am i went with a company...but i wanted to let you know how I avoid air bubbles - after you fill your mold with the melted chocolate, gently tap the mold on your working surface or table and you will see them come out....once your happy...put them in freezer once frozen...pull out and gentle tap...chocolate facing down and they will come out slowly...you can also try to pop them out...but i cracked a mold that way once lol! I make chocolate molds for occations all the time..it is quite easy once you get going.....i get everything at bulk barn and i cant say much about how much to get but you could start out small and go back for more if you live close and dont want to over do it....or you could get a big bag and make extra for tasting....and chocolate last a bit so you could make different types of molds in future...they only cost like 2.50 where i live for xmas ones vday ones etc.
  • Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is what I was thinking and you can buy it in bulk which is nice
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second the bulk barn!! They have specific chocolate for melting!!!
  • Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seems like a good idea I would just buy chocolate from bulk barn Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics