Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristen
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

diy Dried Flower Bouquets and Centrepieces

Kristen, on February 13, 2022 at 12:37 Posted in DIY 0 2
I am considering purchasing dried flower bouquets or dried flower stems in bulk either from Etsy or other online shops in place of hiring a florist for fresh flowers. I don’t have any experience doing this and I’m looking for some input or thoughts on execution. I feel I can save a lot of money by doing this myself instead of hiring a florist. My plan is to buy all of my own dried flowers and decor to design my centrepieces, decorations. etc., for the wedding ceremony and reception. For the day of, I am thinking to hire a day of coordinator to handle set up and teardown. Any thoughts or input is appreciated!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on February 14, 2022 at 22:43
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on where you get your flowers, they may be able to help with the making an arrangement. My bestie did this for her wedding, with silk, the lady working gave her suggestions on how to arrange them when she got home.
    I don't plan on doing too much floral for decor but we did opt for a decor vendor instead of buying and it included set up/take down. She'll also use any items of our own too so if I do end up buying any, I know she'll incorporate it. I also rented some floral from her so I don't have to deal with it post wedding haha
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How complicated is your wedding decor? I ask because if your arrangements are complicated, that's a huge drain on your wedding coordinator and if it takes a long time to set them up, the coordinator may bring in assistants. Once you factor in that labour, you may not end up saving much compared to having a florist do the work.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics