Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Expert September 2020 Ontario

diy decor design

Emily, on September 12, 2019 at 21:32 Posted in DIY 0 16
I’m crazy about DIYing as much as I can for my wedding mostly because I can and I like doing it 😁 anyone else like that?! Check out my little mock up design 😅😅

diy decor design 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on October 3, 2019 at 09:38
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Vinod 😁
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something new learned and creative to put ideas on the pavillion posts. Very nice sketch and thought out well.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve never heard of it... I’ll have to check that out!! 😁
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute!!! ive been getting a lot of my decor on aliexpress theyre so cheap for sashes, bows and other decor

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh thank you! That’s totally fair. My mom suggests checking at Christmas when all the decor stuff starts coming out for the holidays at the dollar store lol so we will be keeping an eye out for any extras we don’t have around then 😅
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These look amazing! It'll look so romantic when it's all set up. I'm testing out some DIYs and have definitely found that the cost of all the supplies I didn't already have are adding up so you'll for sure be in a better place than me!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh thanks!! I try to do something new each week 😁
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I run from DIY projects (I’m not creative at all) but I have so much respect for those that do those DIY projects. So much creativity!!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh ya those are a gold mine😁
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a fair share of DIY - centerpieces, signage, stationary (invitations, table numbers, place cards, etc.), and decor (no professional decorator).

Between our venue and my godmother (who was an interior designer at some point), we didn't feel the need for a decorator. My mom and I are putting together the centerpieces and I created most of the stationary and signage myself - either painted or on Adobe Illustrator.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Woah good for you! I'm not nearly that much of a DIYer. So dont have stuff like that on hand. But I do love a trip to Michael's and the dollar store!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I figure the small stuff I make for ceremony I can get someone to grab and bring down the hall for the reception too. Only other thing you have to be careful of it making sure you can do it for cheaper lol. I found a silk flower place that can do most of my flowers (all assembled) for less than what I think I can buy the flowers for.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s such a good way to look at it! I also am doing some with my wedding party so it’s like a fun activity together Smiley smile lots of laughs for sure
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah definitey! Since I’m a regular DIYer in my regular life luckily I already have most of the supplies I need etc, so there’s no extra cost usually! I have everything from the bases (wood, metal, fabric) to the tools (saw, sanders, paint, ribbon/lace) which makes it easier for sure!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our own centerpieces and it was a lot of fun. I think DIY is a great idea and can sometimes save you money. Just make sure you weight cost effectiveness and manage your time well. Don't take on more than you can handle or you will stress yourself out.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the DIY ideas. I have a few I want to get done. Mine are on a smaller scale though. I figure if they don't work out at least I should get a good laugh from trying.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics