Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Beginner July 2019 Nova Scotia

DIY Centre Piece

Joanne, on January 29, 2019 at 15:52 Posted in DIY 0 8

Centerpiece flower trying to DIYDIY Centre Piece 1

My wedding theme is going to simple rustic. After I have research how much it'll cost me for centerpiece, I decided to make my flower centerpiece which will include a major jar, flowers from Costco, mini LED lights etc. The tent rental place will be making this centerpiece for us as part of their fee. Has anyone here DIY your centerpiece and came out looking better than what they offer at the flower shop? I'm a bit nervous as someone else is doing this and I have no control.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 4, 2019 at 01:12
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine turned out better Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm making my own as well. I've been collecting jars and lights and candles for a year or so now.

If you put one together and take a picture of it to show them what you want, they can make it exactly the way you want it, right? I'd trust them. This probably isn't their first rodeo!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would ask if they have any photos of previous jobs that they have done.If you are underwhelmed with their work get some friends together and do it yourself.Something like the photo above isn’t hard to create so I think you can trust them with it 🙂
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can probably trust them! This probably won't be the first time assembling centrepieces and they will probably do one before the wedding and get your thoughts on it.

I'm DIYing my centrepieces a week or so before the wedding then handing them over to our venue a few days before so they can set them on tables for us.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Trust them, they do this all the time. I’m sure they’re used to particular details from brides all the time! It will help you knowing someone else is taking care of them, just ask if you can run through it once with who every will be setting them up that day to make sure. You can even sketch out something if you want your mind at total ease.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can trust them. Maybe even meet with them for a quick run through beforehand so you can be clear on what you expect.
    You’ll be so busy/preoccupied/happy on your big day you won’t even notice if one or two elements are off or not.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you have anything to worry about! Like Becky said, they've done this before - as well, it doesn't seem to look like too complicated... that's what I say now though Smiley tongue

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love those center pieces ! I know your nervous but they are used to doing these type of things and I am sure will turn out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics