Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

DIY Bridal Bouquets

Emily, on January 31, 2019 at 11:25 Posted in DIY 0 14

I am looking to make mine and the bridesmaids Bouquets from artificial flowers. we are paying for the wedding our selves and cutting cost as much as we can.

whats every one thoughts of fake flowers for the Bouquets and decorations keep in mind i am not a very girly girl and there ill not be lot of flowers in the wedding anyways

14 Comments

Latest activity by Carolyn, on February 2, 2019 at 08:34
  • C
    Newbie March 2019 Ontario
    Carolyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going fake too. I actually got all my flowers from michaels after Christmas when they were 80% off. Got everything I needed for next to nothing. Was a huge cost saving. I don’t know but maybe a sale again after valentine’s day??
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would totally go for DIYing it then! Have fun and play around with it, if you check online Micheals have workshops you could sign up for and you can learn from them how to make something like that, you can learn tips before you decide on your exact flowers, you don’t sound too picky. Like me, I love all kinds of flowers or even just herbs or greenery is pretty too. I can’t decide what I’m gonna do yet.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just ordered my silk flowers of Alibaba.com! Can't wait until they arrive!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep an eye on the marketplace on fb you can find some amazing deals on fake flowers.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did wooden flowers, it was the best decisions ever. I got my bouquet, my girls and my FHs girls made for less then $250

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly the best parts are 1) easy to keep! 2)they're bought, delivered and ready I dont have to worry about them!!
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE that you’re doing both. I’m definitely debating it and am having a lot of trouble deciding.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom was super avid about getting real flowers so that's the route we went. Since it was a want for her, she's paying for them lol

If she wasn't as picky we would've went the fake route and buy something off Etsy (there are tons of options there that I loved). Our decor/centrepieces are non-floral so it wasn't a worry for us there. I am possibly going to get a fake toss bouquet if I decide to do the flower toss.

• Xandra
    Beginner November 2019 Quebec
    Xandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going fake! I'm an avid knitter so I'm actually knitting all the flowers for our wedding. Bouquets, décor, boutonnieres, etc. It takes time, but it's SO much cheaper than real flowers. Plus, they last longer!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fake flowers are amazing! My fiance and I figure we will do fake flowers for the decor. No use dropping hundreds of dollars on live plants that will die in two days. Plus we will have two long harvest tables for the dinner so we are probably doing vine centrepieces/runners.

I kinda want live for the bouquets so I can dry mine but fake flowers are so much more forgiving. You can hot glue them together to hold specific arrangements without causing wilting. Plus no risk of pollen allergies!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fake flowers are what I plan on going with as long as they really are cheaper!

Plus you get to choose whatever flower you like rather than what is in season.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heres a photo of my bouquet!

DIY Bridal Bouquets 1
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing fake flowers for the wedding party bouquets! Real for centerpieces but I wanted to keep my bouquet so silk flowers was important to me! I got my bride bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 boutioneeres and 4 corsages all fake flowers from etsy for about $700!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing fake flowers because I have bad allergies! I was able to buy my bouquets off a local wedding swap for $250. It included my bouquet and 6 for bridesmaids. They were really well made and love them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics