Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kenna
Curious September 2023 Nova Scotia

diy Bouquets- where did you get your artificial flowers?

Kenna, on November 10, 2019 at 20:26 Posted in DIY 0 5
I've been thinking of doing my own wedding bouquets and I think silk flowers will be best, especially since I like to plan FAR in advance (307 days to go!) and could buy them piece by piece over a long time and experiment with the arrangements. Did anyone get their flowers online? What shops? Are the faux flowers from Michael's a good bet? What about Dollarstore flowers? Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 15, 2019 at 16:28
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Kenna
    Curious September 2023 Nova Scotia
    Kenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Sinéad! We'd likely be arranging our own bouquets. We've got our colours picked (kind of a tiffany blue and lavender purple) and I've not yet seen a readymade bouquet that would suit the colour palette. The more video tutorials I see, the more I think it's doable which has been really encouraging!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kenna!

You could definitely look into online stores such as Etsy and Amazon for silk flowers.

Do you want to arrange your bouquet yourself, or buy a bouquet ready-made from the flowers you choose?

Do you know what color you want your bouquet to be?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't purchased any yet, but afloral.com has amazing reviews from US wedding wire brides. They have some premade bouquets, and tutorials to build your own. The website photos look great and there is so much selection it's a little overwhelming!

I'm wondering if I should wait until the spring greenery comes in at Michael's. What they have in stock now does not give me hope. It all looks cheap and a bit like it's gone through the ringer already.
  • Megan
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine from Etsy. They were burlap flowers so they were different from your traditional bouquets but still kept a floral feel. My bridesmaids also liked they could keep them for a keepsake. For my decorations I found Michaels had the best selection for fake florals for the price so if you want to make them yourself I suggest looking at their selection, especially if they have a buy one get one free sale Smiley smile .
    diy Bouquets- where did you get your artificial flowers? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics