Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

Disney World Honeymoon

Christina, on August 23, 2018 at 11:58 Posted in Honeymoon 0 10

Hey everyone!

My Fiance and I are getting married September 27th 2019, and are planning our Honeymoon for the week after at Walt Disney World! I am so excited as I am a huge Disney fan and this is my first time going.

We are planning to see a travel agent that is a self proclaimed "Disney World Expert", but I wanna hear what you all think too! We currently have our Disney Honeymoon registry set up for different experiences, food and such. I just don't know what to do next!

Any tips on what to see, where to go, and any deals you can suggest?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Meagan, on August 23, 2018 at 20:38
  • Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to Disney several times, totally obsessed!! I so so wish it was in our budget, but it'll definitely be our next vacation post-wedding! You can still call it a honeymoon 2 years later, right? If you have any questions or want tips and ideas for specific resorts and park, send me a message if you'd like!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have seen videos on youtube of what some people have done to make their trip free some of it and what to avoid when going to the parks.

Something to check out and keep in mind

I'm a huge Disney fan too and selling of my collection soon online on kijiji and ebay.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have been to WDW over 10 times at two weeks per trip...we are going to WDW for our honeymoon as well. Feel free to PM me and I will happily talk your ear off
  • Jessica
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to Disney World 2 years ago and it is so fun! I found disneytouristblog.com (lots of topics including taking your honeymoon) and wdwprepschool.com helpful and interesting websites to help with planning. One thing I specifically remember is getting stuck taking the last very full shuttle back to the hotel at the end of the day and all the seats being full. If you are staying at one of the further away resorts from any of the parks I'd recommend trying to catch a shuttle that isn't totally full because my feet were killing me standing on the bus on the way back to the hotel after a looooong day at the park.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Disney is awesome! and the time frame you are going kids are back in school so it shouldn't be as busy. i'm not sure on deals because when I went, I was fortunate and went with a friend who is an employee of a company Disney owns. so I got great deals.

you will not need a rental car if you stay on one of their resorts (they provide airport transportation and shuttles between parks/hotels)

you could also look into hotels that are Disney recommended but not on site. and they always have awesome deals (and provide shuttles)

I HIGHLY recommend doing a character meal. I did lunch at cinderellas castle. it was pricey for a lunch ($110 USD for 2 people, 7 years ago). but it was a 3 course gourmet meal. with souvenir photos and all the princesses come to every single table to chat and take photos

look into doing meal plans. even something as simple as 2 meals and 2 snacks a day. will save you some money

the Mexican/tequila restaurant in downtown Disney is DELISH!!! and the cirque du soleil show at downtown Disney is awesome.

if you are wanting to do something not Disney. universal is not far away. awesome parks. and harry potter world.

and universal city walk is great bar/night scene. with lots of bars, live music, great restaurants.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Get the hopper pass! If it’s still around lol. We got this when we went to Disney and it was the best thing ever. You can jump from each different place. Fast pass for sure on the weekends so you don’t spend all day in line.
    The churros and margaritas in Epcot are amazing.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You will definitely want to stay at one of the Disney resorts, they have shuttles to and from the parks as well as Disney Springs the restaurant/shopping centre. Beware though- no grocery stores or food of any sort around except restaurant or resort food. You will spend a lot of money on food. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort and it was beautiful.

You may want to plan two whole days for the Magic Kingdom- it's a big one. Epcot is pretty large as well. Animal Kingdom and the Hollywood Studio ones only need one day for each.

I found the rides the best in Hollywood Studios, and it was not overly busy there when we went. I recommend the Rock n Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror if you're a ride person. In Epcot the Frozen ride was amazing- worth the long line.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was just talking to someone about how jealous I am of Disney World honeymoons yesterday! My only advice (as I've never been there, just Disneyland), is to splurge! Get the fast pass options, at least for the weekend days, and make sure you allow for a full day at each park. Go to at least 2 nicer dinners out, and make sure you see everything!

I had never fully comprehended the sheer size of Disney World til my coworker showed me a map!

Also, staying at one of the Resort hotels allows you access to a few more perks. Plus if you tell them it's your honeymoon, they may do something nice for you!

• Christina
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't blame you haha! Hopefully we can get some great info!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is September 13 2019, and we're also looking at a Disney Honeymoon!

Sorry, I'm no help. I have the same questions as you and I'm mostly here to follow the convo Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics