Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lorraine
Newbie October 2018 British Columbia

Disappointed

Lorraine, on March 22, 2018 at 12:39 Posted in Ontario 0 6

This website is very cool and it's easy to use and it shows a lot of good vendors.
My problem with this however is I'm doing a destination wedding in Niagara Falls as I live in the United States and my wedding is small a dzn people.
What I don't like is half of the vendors that I've emailed do not respond to me because my party is so small and I guess they're not willing to make a little bit of money instead of no money they're more focused on big groups big weddings and big parties which if they follow current trends nobody's doing huge weddings anymore so I guess my money isn't valuable to them because half of the people have emailed which was about 9 I've only got responses from 3 and one of the vendors was a hotel, a very fancy hotel in Niagara on the Lake and she couldn't be bothered to give me quotes, she couldn't be bothered to help me out and it's a very expensive venue and to me money is money my event is on a Sunday to accommodate my family which I'm pretty sure not all these places are booked on Sundays but they don't care about small groups all they care about is big expensive lavish groups so my experience on here isn't it very happy one. Even wedding officiants in the Niagara Falls area are charging outrageous amounts of money because they can because it's a tourist area which is ridiculous because on one side of the Border it's $40 for a marriage license in New York state and an officiant to do it is $ 50 on the other side of the Border it's $125 for a marriage license and I was quoted $1,700 for a 5-minute ceremony outside in front of the falls it's a ridiculous rip off... And when you're booking a destination wedding and you're not physically there nobody takes you seriously ...that's been my experience

6 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on March 23, 2018 at 10:52
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lorraine, I'm so sorry that you feel this way! I did notice that all of your WeddingWire.ca vendor inquiries have been fairly recent, so I'd allow a little bit more time for the vendors to respond and it never hurts to send a follow-up inquiry!

Make sure to be as descriptive and detailed as possible when reaching out. Vendors get a lot of inquiries, some of them are spam or seem like they are just collecting pricing on everyone - we recommend saying hi, sharing your desired wedding date and location, state that you are interested in their services, ask any questions, and set an expectation of next steps! For example, if I were you I'd write an inquiry like:

"Hi! My name is Lorraine and I'm planning an October 7th 2018 wedding in Niagara Falls for about 12 guests. Are you still available on this date? I'd love to get more information about your pricing options and wedding packages to see if your venue could be a good fit! I look forward to hearing from you soon!"

When I didn't hear back from a vendor I always sent a follow-up message through WeddingWire and you can try different avenues as well:

"Hi! My name is Lorraine and I'm planning an October 7th 2018 wedding in Niagara Falls for about 12 guests. I reached out to you on XXX date inquiring about your pricing and package information, and wanted to follow-up with you. Are you still available on this date? Is there a better way for me to contact you? Please let me know!"

For a smaller wedding size I'd look for elopement packages! A lot of the venues that advertise themselves for weddings may have minimum guest or minimum spend requirements!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Um thanks but I think this was maybe supposed to go on my honeymoon post?!

• Lorraine
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cheers 💋🍾 Congrats Erin
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can understand being frustrated but as Bianca said, some vendors aren't aware that they are on here as vendors can be added by users. I often find that contacting someone through their own website's contact info is much easier. I would find vendors on WW and then look them up through Google to get contact info. Direct contact with a vendor is always better than through a third party (such as Wedding Wire). I don't think the vendors are ignoring you so don't get too upset with them. It can sometimes take people several days to respond especially if they are a small company and/or self-employed and take care of everything.

Like most brides, you will probably have to shop around a bit for vendors that will give you a decent price, especially in such a tourist trap location. You could also save some money by saying you are having a family event instead of a wedding (sometimes wedding means something goes from $ to $$&dollarSmiley winking.

I planned my wedding in a place 3 hours from where I live and I had no problem with coordinating my vendors and keeping in touch with them once I had them booked. You may need to go for a weekend and visit all the places as well just to make sure the feel and vibe are right for you and your wedding.

I hope you aren't too discouraged! Keep at it! Things will eventually turn around for you.

• Lorraine
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Bianca 💋
    Thought it was just me😔
    Congrats 🍾
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Lorraine, I've felt the same way with some vendors on here, so it's not just you! I've caught wind that a lot of the vendors on here don't know they have accounts and/or don't check their WW email. As for the price of the ceremony, well, it is a tourist spot with a beautiful view, so I can see why it would be that price. I had a certain chapel near me quote me at $2600 for a 30 minute time slot. Needless to say, I didn't book with them.

Good luck with all your planning and don't give up! I found that my planning really took off when I just started Googling vendors in the area I'm getting married versus using Wedding Wire Canada.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics