Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jemm
Newbie June 2018 Ontario

Difficulties booking the venue of your dreams!

Jemm, on July 21, 2017 at 14:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
Happy Friday everyone! My Fiancé and I have been trying to book our wedding for May 2018 with the Guild Inn Estate. The experience of their costumer service has been extremely exhausting as we are constantly having to reach out to them and not get a single reply back. We did a site visit almost 4 weeks ago today and the event "manager" Chantal Queen asked us to provide her with a wish list which we did immediately. It has been 4 weeks since our site visit and no sign of the quote for us to work with. We have emailed her and called her and other event coordinators with yet again a disappointment of lack of customer service. I was wondering, is it supposed to take this long and this hard to book the venue that you've fallen in love with? How long is it supposed to take usually? Thus far this experience just to book a venue has put a bitter taste in our mouths. Other than looking elsewhere as backup venues, how can I go about getting the Guild Inn Estates attention? - This feels like a rejection of some sort, like as if our business is not good enough for this event "manager" at the Guild Inn Estate. Do these vendors not wish to have business with couples that have a budget of 30k or should we falsely pitch a higher budget to grab their attention and then negotiate it down? How does this work? Would greatly approve any feedback from anyone that have experienced this frustrating and disappointing experience. Cheers!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on July 25, 2017 at 09:51
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would take this as a red flag. I understand that vendors get busy during peak season but there's no excuse for a month of no response.

If they are unresponsive now, imagine how frustrating and stressful it will be to try to communicate with them as your wedding approaches and gets closer. I know that's hard to hear if you have your heart set on a particular venue, but I can't imagine having to chase around the coordinator of a venue to try to get responses out of them in addition to managing all the other things that go into planning a wedding. You want to enjoy the planning process, so anything that increases your stress levels just doesn't seem worth it. This is a once in a lifetime experience and you should get to enjoy it! Smiley smile

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So, about 4 months ago I also looked into the Guild Inn Estate. Gorgeous venue! However, It took them 3 weeks to even get information to me. I took it as a huge red flag and walked away. The venue we went with has been amazing, and their response time is same day. I couldn't imagine having the stress of an unresponsive venue.

Guild Inn is also a super new venue, so maybe they just aren't in the swing of things yet.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Start looking for other venues ASAP! We had a similar situation with our venue but we are already 3k in and can't walk away. The excise is always high wedding season, but to me not responding for a month is no excuse. Start looking around before you make a deposit and can't get your money back!
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, if they're not responding to my phone calls, I'd start looking elsewhere but that's because I don't have any patience for that.
    My venue contact works at multiple venues and is in peak season and she responds the next day even on the weekend.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It def shouldn't take that long for them to get back to you. But event manager is in peak season too but still gets back to me within 48 hours. I'm unhappy with her memory as she always asks me things I think she should know like which viewpoint our ceremony is at or at one point asked me what she quoted me at originally. But she always had responded fastly no matter the season.
    I wouldn't feel rejected and you shouldn't have to lie about your budget. With every venue I reached out to, and I reached out to a lot, I discussed how to cut costs and get rid of things we don't really need off the quote. NO ONE seemed offended by this and instead understanding and helpful about it. They realize weddings are expensive and most of the event managers prob couldn't afford the venues they worked at themselves. They get that wedding prices are inflated and things add up quickly and were more than understanding about the budget we had and how to stick to it.
    I don't know why the event manager is being pretty slack, but if this is your dream venue I would get aggressive, and don't take it personally lol
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Erin, they are in the midst of high wedding season and may not have a spare moment. I assume by reaching out you mean emailing? If you are just trying to contact by phone you could try email and if you have emailed try calling . Is the email direct to your event coordinator you could try contacting the generic email as she might not be there. If you have tried all this and they still aren't responding you have to decide how much you love this venue as they might be a little hard to deal with. Good Luck booking your venue! I hope it works out! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe it is worth going back in person. See if you can book an appointment with this person. As it is currently prime wedding season, that may play into why you are not getting as speedy a response as you would normally expect though your wait seems quite long. I don't think you need to mention your budget when speaking with them but I definitely think you should make them aware at how the lack of attention is making you feel and remind them that you have the power to reach others with your reviews. Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics