Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Beginner October 2022 Ontario

Didnt Tip the officiant

Samantha, on November 8, 2022 at 13:35 Posted in Ontario 0 7

So I'm a little torn on this, I got married 10/22/2022 and had every intention of tipping the officiant, had the envelope with all the other vendors tips... until he pronounced us Mr. and Mrs. and called me the wrong name... a name that I don't think is even remotely close to me name , my name is Samantha and he called me Vanessa ... my mother was petrified , it was the talk of the whole night.... He didn't even correct the mistake and my husband, and I just laughed it off at the moment because what are you really going to do. After this though I feel like that was a very important moment and it was kind of rained on and i feel like giving a tip is for a great job and a thank you as his price was a little higher than some around the area but now i feel a little bad that i didnt tip him at all... my husband on the other hand is standing firm on the matter.

7 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on November 9, 2022 at 15:30
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't feel bad about not tipping them, if it's their own business I don't feel you need to tip them as they set their prices.

As for forgetting your name- they only had one job to do!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry this happened, even as a joke it's not funny this is your special day, at least apologies for the mistake or correct it. But don't feel bad you do not have to tip everyone.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no. How awful. So sorry that happened. I agree with Amanda. You don't have to tip every vendor.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that happened to you. You don't have to tip every vendor.

My husband and I only tipped my makeup artist and our photographer.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So he certainly does not deserve a tip!!!
  • Samantha
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This does make me feel better lol , I really liked our officiant on the phone and he also works for himself and sets his own prices, but he went way off of our original ceremony plan which was short and sweet as I am not one to like attention geared towards me for to long and standing up there was nerve-wracking enough, and added in a whole 20-minute speech about something I cant honestly remember, then the name situation .... Smiley ups

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ummm... I'd talk to him if you haven't!!! Brutal! I'm sorry this happened. We did not even think to tip our officiant. She sets her own prices as she works for herself. She also pissed me off in the end although we loved the ceremony she wrote for us AND she legally married us on our original date and didn't ask for more money.... Maybe this will help you feel better about it? Ha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics