Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Did your parents like him/her right away?

Emilie, on November 28, 2016 at 07:04 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

If your love story was to be a movie ... There is definitely that moment when he met your parents!

What was their reactions? Smiley xd

Did your parents like him/her right away?

Continue here >> What do you love most about each other?

Image: Giphy.com

17 Comments

Latest activity by Melanie, on December 26, 2016 at 09:59
  • Melanie
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yuppers! The bike party where we met was at my moms house Smiley tongue

• Kylie
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not really sure I don't think they had much choice I was so hooked on him. I think they knew that. As for his family I think his mom knew I was important because I was the only one he brought to meet her.
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh yeah, they both did. Like - a lot. Kinda in a weird way. Him and my Dad have a total bromance....but it's not totally unexpected, being construction men and all. hahaha.

• Meaggan
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Meaggan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes they both did
  • C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He's older, so he was more mature when meeting my family than they were used to. My mom really liked...and now loves him...as does my sister
  • Lindsay
    Curious December 2016 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of my parents loved him from the beginning. they always made a point to say that he's a keeper and that for such a young man, he had a good head on his shoulders.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that he won over your girls! Smiley heart He sounds so wonderful! How did he do it? Were they really hard on him first? Smiley tongue

• Rory
    Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad is always a hard ass, and pretty protective of his girls but they have a good relatinship now. And my mom has always loved him, she rememberes my highschool obsession.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They loved him immediatley ... it was like he fit right into our family ... a perfect fit .. a missing piece ... and he felt the same .. everyone was so comfortable around each other !

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Mom wanted my girls to be ok with the whole thing and that was more than fair. My dad had already passed and that would have been the biggest challenge. My mom loved his eyes lol said he reminds me of your dad. I was very protective being the oldest child and my family knew that I was a careful observer and teusted that. In my eyes he had to win over my girls first and foremost and that he did.
  • Dionne
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother made my fiancée listen very clear what would happen if he ever hurt me because she is very protective and I love every bit of it in the end because she is my family and my mother and she will do everything for me. My father really loves that he is protective and a true gentlemen to me and will do everything he can to make me happy as I will for him.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My family definitely liked him right away! He came over for Christmas Eve dinner about a month after we started dating and he brought 2 pies! I had always found that most American guys didn't have the same manners that I was raised with so I was really blown away that he was thoughtful enough to bring pies for dessert when invited over for dinner! My mom was also blown away and told him "call your mom right now and tell her that she raised you right!" He laughed and said "I actually just did call her in my car before I came in here and told her just that!" He was also a really good sport because we usually dress kind of nice for Christmas Eve dinner and he was just wearing a green shirt and jeans (he was like "I figured green was festive") and I was like "no you have to look nicer!" I had a boyfriend style sweater that fit him and he wore it the rest of the night!

Boyfriend Sweater

Boyfriend Sweater

I feel bad for my sisters because my husband is definitely the favourite and the son my mom never had! I don't know that their significant others will be able to fit in as easily as mine!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents loved him before they even met him. For my birthday (2-3 months after we started dating) he bought me a "Pandora" style braclet with around 15 charms on it. He got the charms from all over and obviously spent a lot of time on it as they are all things that related directly to me that he thought I would like. I had no idea he was getting it and they all showed how much he listened to me and how much effort he had put in to knowing who I was. They saw that and have loved him ever since Smiley love

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They loved him immediately! He spoiled and loved me more than I could have ever imagined!!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom and step-dad weren't a fan of him for two reasons. First of all they loved my ex boyfriend who they didn't know cheated on me multiple times and broke up with me out of the blue. I didn't know about him cheating on me until after we broke up but either way he broke up with me because one of the girls he is currently with was pregnant. She ended up losing the baby but now they have a baby boy who is 2-4 years old now (can't remember exactly).... The second reason being is that my step-dad and I didn't get along at all and I would constantly leave the house crying and so Mitch went up to the door one day and kindly asked him to treat me with more respect as he didn't like seeing me cry or get yelled at for the most ridiculous things - my step-dad told him to get off our property and he wasn't welcome back. It was a long road after that to get them to fix things - my mom played a big role in that!
    My dad and step-mom on the other hand loved Mitch right away and never liked my ex boyfriend! They thought Mitch was respectful and they could see how much we love each other and how we communicate. They have always asked when the wedding is and joked about him being a son-in-law! They have never had any problems so smooth sailing for that relationship!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom like Gus when she met him.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They did like him- he wore a tie the first time he came over, and brought flowers for my mom....so that made a big impression.

Mom was quite firm on not "getting attached" to anyone my sister or I dated until they had been over a few times....we dated a lot!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics