Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Did you share your engagement news on social media?

Lynnie, on December 19, 2018 at 19:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

How did you spread the word about your engagement? Smiley diamond Did you share the news on social media? How long did you wait before posting your #JustSaidYes moment?

Did you share your engagement news on social media? 1

#JustSaidYes moment from @weddingwirecanada

Don't forget to share your #Justsaidyes moment with @weddingwirecanada for a chance to win C$1000!!

For more proposal posts, check out: Was your proposal in public or private?, Was your proposal in a sentimental location? , and Is your engagement ring new or a family heirloom?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 05:16
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were in Mexico when we got engaged (at 3:30am), so we had to first wait until people woke up back home to call them, then we flew home that same day and began calling friends and family to tell them the news before posting it online. Once everyone was told then we posted it on social media.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We contacted all of our closest friends and family the morning after and then posted in the afternoon
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We posted on social media almost right away! We were in Florida so we didn't want to put a lot of roaming charges on our phones. We called both parents and messaged close friends when we had WIFI before posting on social media.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, however we got engaged the evening of December 28th, and we waited until we had called/personally messaged everyone we wanted to tell directly, and I didn't post anything til about 9-10am the next morning.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We shared it on social media, I told my parents and sister and a few other friends and family. My FH chose not to share with his family, his parents both knew he was proposing they just didn't know when. We waited a few days before posting, I had a list of people to tell before posting.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We DEFINATLEY shared on social media. but not right away.

he proposed on a cruise. so the people we were with (we were on a destination wedding cruise that had 120 people on it) found out that same day and next day. the next couple of days when we were in port, we attempted to get wifi to talk to some family members and could only get through to a couple. at the end of the cruise, while waiting in florida for our return flight (so 6 days later) we called the family/friends that we wanted to tell. FH's mom was upset that we didn't call from the Caribbean. sorry...not paying that roaming charge! haha

my FH was getting impatient because one of my friends wasn't reading her messages and he wanted to share it on FB. once she replied and I said she knows, he posted in 2 seconds. hahah

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were in Cuba when he proposed. So his sister and brother in law knew. We let his family know that night, and I emailed my dad and sister that night.

Waited until we called the important family members before posting it on social media

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I proposed to my FH on Dec. 30th last year so because I'm the girl - he insisted that he at very minimum asked my Dad for permission before we announced anything to anybody. (Although I had talked about proposing to him with my BFF.) Side note: my Dad has a severe concussion that makes day-to-day life pretty challenging so we would have to catch him on a good day. With that being said, he didn't ask my Dad until a week or so later and after that we told all of our immediate family in person, friends over the phone, and then posted it as a FB status update Smiley laugh

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We videochatted/ phoned our parents, siblings, grandmas, and best friends the night of the proposal and the the next day we announced the engagement on social media.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sure did! We waited until after we had told everyone we didn't want finding out on social media though Smiley smile
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We waited until we had called the important people! Some of whom were overseas so I had to call them the next morning. The announcement went on social media the next day!!!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we did. But we waited and kept it quiet and just between us for about 2 weeks. ❤
  • Yarril
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Yarril ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! We posted that same night after we called family and close friends.
  • Kait
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! I think I waited a day or so to post it on social media but we let close family and friends know that he pop the question that night.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! We called and told close family and friends first and then made a post for everyone else!
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We called our families and texted our close friends, then shared on facebook and instagram! It was very exciting, absolutely no one knew he was going to propose except a couple of his friends and two of mine.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t get engaged with any fanfare so I haven’t shared in on social media with any fanfare either.

We’ve got a wedding website and a wedding Instagram account for invited guests. I recently learned that IG snitches and suggests pages to people based on their contacts and friend lists, so it’s not as private as I’d like but I’m 4 months away as of the 20th and am trying to focus on letting the joy of it all sink in.😊
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I called my kids, best friend and parents from South Africa, and shares with those close to us personally but have never shared on social media... was tempted but decided that we’d rather just let those know that we actually see in person 😊
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We waited a couple of hours before letting anyone know. We were out in a cabin, in the middle of the mountains, with no cell reception!

When we came back, we called our parents/siblings and best friends. We finally posted a joint instagram picture to let everyone know!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I posted that night.. HAHA! after I called my bestfriend and my mom & dad of course Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics