Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Did you make any plans before you were engaged?

Joey, on June 18, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

What ideas for your wedding did you decide on before you got engaged? Did you have your eye on a ring? Had you picked your dream venue? Was your Pinterest full of ideas for a certain design theme? Were you confident you knew your color scheme?

Did you make any plans before you were engaged? 1

Photo by Brightside Films in Toronto

15 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on June 26, 2019 at 14:49
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was pinning away as soon as my fiance asked for my ring size!

I pinned some ring design hints hoping he would see them (he's on pinterest too) but he did way better on his own than I ever would have imagined! I love my ring even though it's nothing like what I thought I wanted.

Most of my visions for the wedding itself have changed completely, I went from wanting a rustic barn to a boho garden and I thought my colours would be purple and brown (both our favourite colours) but instead we're going with fall earth tones

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a theme sort of thought out but that was pretty much it.

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything I had on Pinterest went out the window when I realized how expensive it is to have a wedding in Toronto and that I was having a fall wedding, not a spring wedding.

My ring however, was a lot bigger than I originally planned for but I ain't complaining about that Smiley winking

• Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SAME HERE!!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a lot of ideas pinned on Pinterest, but those all went out the window when I actually started pkanning my real wedding and hated all my old ideas lol.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we knew the date and the venue before getting engaged which worked out for us because our venue booked up fast!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ring was a joint effort! I sent pictures I liked to my FH, he then found a couple of styles he liked and I went shopping with my sister and found a ring that was a perfect combination of the two! I also knew my wedding colours before we even got engaged! Although I wouldn’t necessarily call it “planning”, I had big ideas about the whole wedding beforehand - we had been together 7.5 years before we got engaged, so I had had lots of time to think about it!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Being from Ontario, I had always pictured a rustic wedding in a barn. And then I moved to BC and the mountains were just SO much more. My Pinterest was already full of barn/rustic weddings. I realized that is not what I wanted. The only thing I was confident about was the ring I wanted, and it's what I got.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked our destination wedding about two week before he proposed. We were clear on when we wanted our wedding and didn't want to risk having to delay it.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We for sure knew our venue and date quite a while before the engagement. I had an idea of colors and styling and such but nothing too set in stone until we locked in the venue.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing I really knew before we got engaged was the season we wanted, and the theme we wanted to go with.

I had a million colour options to pick from, and never really looked into any venues or vendors

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing we had discussed was where we would want to go for our honeymoon.

I had no input on the ring, it was a complete surprise.

We didn't look at or discuss anything before he asked.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew the theme for our wedding; rustic with sunset colors. We thought we were going to use a barn for the wedding but ended up renting a park.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew that we wanted to get married, that we wanted a wedding in 2019 as we wanted to buy a house in 2018, and yes - my Pinterest board has been ready for this since I was like 12 years old...

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We already decided that we would get married in the church my fh grew up in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics