Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Did you have an engagement party?

Joey, on October 20, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Once you get engaged there is seeming no end to the celebrations and parties. Your nearest and dearest often can't wait to celebrate you and your love and welcome your partner into the family. The very first party is the engagement party. Did you have one? Tell us about it, and show us any photos you have.

Did you have an engagement party? 1

Photo by Sweetheart Empire in Toronto

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 10:22
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have one. The buck and buck was our party with close friends which my husband's work put together for us in june 2017
  • Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No engagement party for us either. I don't really like being the center of attention so the less parties the better
  • Natalie
    Beginner March 2018 British Columbia
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Like you, Daphne, we didn't have one either. I was toying with the idea but with a 7 month engagement and 5 months til the wedding, it was too much to coordinate.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have an engagement party. We had a jack and jill, I had 2 bridal showers and a rehearsal dinner. Adding in an engagement party, is a lot of time for people to be travelling back and forth!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both our families have met multiple times over the years but we are still hosting an engagement party. We just bought a house and will be hosting an engagement/housewarming party once our kitchen renovation is finished (hopefully by next weekend!!).
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have one. I don't even know that much about engagement parties. Does someone else throw it for you or do you throw it yourself?
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have an engagement party. We both feel that there is too much engagement/wedding stuff that is planned around gift giving/getting. We opted to not have an engagement party and I didn't want a bridal shower so we had what we called the "wedding social" in the summer where most of our friends and family could get together and chat.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one. Our parents didn't even meet until the day of the wedding. I was a bit worried that it would be weird, but it was totally fine and normal. Everyone got along well and had a great time!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have an engagement party. He proposed a week before Christmas and we announced it to my family on Christmas. Then on New Year's Day we visited his family and announced it there. These were already special days so we felt an engagement party would be a waste when we were getting married 9 months later. Too much to plan!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great photos and great memories!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't want an engagement party. We did go out for dinner with our families though to celebrate the engagement.
  • Kaite
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Kaite ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just got engaged two weeks ago and am not sure if I am going to have one. Both him and his entire family live over two hours away from me and my family which makes planning difficult, on the other hand I feel like we should have one because we don't plan on getting married for another two years. Smiley ring Smiley diamond
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an engagement party back in June hosted by both of our mums, it was a way for the whole bridal party and both families to meet! We all still say if this is any indication of what the wedding will be like it is going to be a blast!

*Please ignore my awful screen shot photos but instagram really needs to find a way for you to save photos

Me and my FH Smiley heartDid you have an engagement party? 2Our flower girls and ring bearersDid you have an engagement party? 3Aunts and Uncle taking a goofy wedding party pic!Did you have an engagement party? 4Our amazing bridal party!Did you have an engagement party? 5

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided not to have one since we were getting married 7 months after our engagement. It would have been a lot to plan two events, as well as asking people to attend two events so close together.

We kind of ended up with an impromptu one. We went for a family dinner and family members had brought engagement gifts for us.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose not to have an engagement party, i'm having a bridal shower and he is doing a roadtrip witht he boys. Low key!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics