Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2018 Manitoba

Did you do a late lunch??

Chelsey, on October 30, 2017 at 22:38 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
I'm totally new to the wedding scene, I'm the first of my family/friends to get married and I've only ever been to 3 weddings. I LOVE the idea of a late lunch, but my caterer doesn't offer one.. is that normal? What can I do instead ? I don't want to ask my moms to be cooking or anything ... and Im on a budget, but willing to spend a little something on food. Because I personally know how much I appreciate a good late lunch after drinking and dancing.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on November 2, 2017 at 17:45
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have friends that just pre-ordered a bunch of pizza's from a local pizza place for the late evening snack. It was a hit! You could always order some different platters from sobey's, subway or costco to set out at night for people to munch on.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue provided the late night lunch and so we did a pizza station and a poutine bar because people were drinking. I think it is a great idea. We were planning on ordering pizza if we didn't have enough food for everyone.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Chelsey, welcome and congratulations!

Tell us more about what you're considering. When do you plan to have this late lunch, and what food would you like? Is this in addition to the main meal? What is the venue's objections to this? Will they let you bring in an offsite caterer to provide you with what you want?

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats and welcome!!

Our venue provided the food at our wedding and they provided late night food, but when we were looking up caterers in the very early planning stages, most of them from what I saw did not offer late night stuff. We were going to just order a bunch of pizzas as a snack as we had been to a couple of weddings who also did that. If you're not opposed to pizza you could do that?
  • C
    Newbie October 2018 Manitoba
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony is at 430, and our dinner is at 630. O have a feeling there will be a lot of drinking and dancing so I think the late lunch is almost mandatory.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Welcome and congrats! What time is your wedding? I assume morning if you are planning on having a late lunch. Maybe ask your caterer if they are ok with an early dinner instead of a late lunch. I am also not sure how much drinking will happen if you are having a morning wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics