Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Did anybody make their own photo booth/photo station?

Sarah, on March 5, 2020 at 16:14 Posted in DIY 0 10
So my fiancé and I have been planning for 2 years and the big day is 6 months away and we are pumped!!Because we planned so early we chose to do a ton of DIY project which have been awesome so far..My concern is our photo booth it will be a beautiful floral backdrop tucked into what looks like a bay window with a curtain rod 2.5 feet away from the window.We are putting sheer curtains tied off to the side and a table of props with a mirrored sign saying photo booth.I am worried that people will go in take pictures and I will never see them lol we do have little cards that will have our hashtag on them but do people really follow instructions?For those that did their own photo booth how was the quality?Do you have any pics you could share or suggestions for lighting?

Ps the hashtag isn’t ours I will be replacing with #BarrygetsaHardy lol we bought the mirror on marketplace with a candy bar sign for $20!!

Did anybody make their own photo booth/photo station? 1
Did anybody make their own photo booth/photo station? 2

10 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on September 21, 2020 at 18:43
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did anybody make their own photo booth/photo station? 3
    So we ended up postponing but doing the DIY photo booth in the backyard for a postponement party.I must say that we had to constantly remind people to take a photo and tag us but we only ended up with a few photos 🤷🏼‍♀️If your budget can handle it I would highly recommend getting an actual photo booth.
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart thanks, we want fun and what better way to capture things you may miss with everything going on Smiley smile

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the idea of I spy! I think the the informal pictures from guests will be a great addition to your memories.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a ton of fun actually
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using our arbour for the photo booth back drop.

One of the things we will be doing is putting I spy cards on the tables. Asking our guests to play a game of I spy of various things: Groom & Mom dancing, old souls holding hands, funky dance groove....then to take a picture of it and give them a hashtag to use and/or to send them to us!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds really cool I would love to see pics when you’re all done
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think people will do both. they will see a camera and go over there to take pics!! i wouldnt worry it looks nice from your picture there!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing our own photo booth set up for my bridal shower but for our back drop it’s a mural of a Toronto cityscape so we don’t have to do anything there.

My mom made frame props and another one of her friends is bringing more fun props for people to use!
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is an amazing idea! People will love it! Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did anybody make their own photo booth/photo station? 4
    Imagine sheer curtains a floral backdrop instead of blinds and no tables in the way

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics