Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Newbie December 2018 Matanzas

Destination wedding - registry or no?

Hayley, on September 6, 2017 at 13:36 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3

Hi everyone, My fiancé and I are getting married in Cuba December 5th 2018. I'm not exactly sure how wedding gifts or registries go ? Those who have had a destination wedding, did you have a registry ? or did you not because the guests are already paying enough to attend the wedding? people have been asking me about it, but I hate the fact that people feel obligated to give a wedding gift, when theyre already spending money to come. If we have one, we would like to make it optional but were thinking of doing a honeymoon registry considering we have lived together for 5 years almost and already have everything we could possibly need.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Daphne, on September 8, 2017 at 18:45
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a destination wedding and told everyone that we did not want any gifts. We still ended up with some. I would create a registry, but maybe mention that a gift isn't necessary so those who can't afford both the trip and a gift don't feel obligated to buy a gift.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A destination wedding sounds great! I would make a registry, I imagine people will still want to get you gifts. If guests are not financially able to get you a gift because of the cost of travel they simply won't access your registry but it would be good to give them the option.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was technically a destination wedding and we did a couple registries. We did a traditional one through Macy's and then we did a honeymoon registry as well. I think that some guests might still want to get you a gift, even though it's a destination wedding. We didn't get many items off of our traditional registry and I'm guessing it's because of the travel. We had a few people that purchased in advance so the items were shipped to us but most just brought cards with money to the wedding which we later used to buy things off of our registry. (Most places give you a discount for 6 months after your wedding so if there's anything you're looking to upgrade, it's a good idea to make one just so you can get the discount!) We did our honeymoon registry through Honeymoon Wishes and it was really great! I would definitely recommend doing one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics