Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie May 2024 Ontario

Destination Wedding

Alexa, on September 15, 2022 at 20:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2
Hi there, I’m so lost and confused. So I have family in Mexico as my mother is from there. So I’m hoping to have one in Cancun (where most of them reside) but hotel requires 80% of guest to stay with them… but my family has no need to because they live there. Has anyone come across a situation like this? If so any advice?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on September 17, 2022 at 04:23
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably some kind of package deal they want you to sign up for. They likely want to prioritize the groups that also book hotel stays in addition to the meals. Room stays have much higher profit margins than food so not surprised they would prioritize those.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was looking at weddings in Mexico, it was that if you wanted certain items to be free for your wedding, 80% of guests have to stay at the resort. I would call around at a few different hotels and explain your situation. Surely, they must host weddings besides those from outside the country. And if they say you are technically out of the country so it has to be considered a destination wedding, I would just have the local family book a wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics