Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Destination wedding

Giselle, on October 19, 2020 at 12:44 Posted in Just married 0 12
Hello everyone,

We got married with a few friends and very few family on 10.10.2020. Covid stood in the way of family coming from europe and the states. Having said that we had a beautiful intimate wedding. We do however, want To celebrate with family next year as a destination wedding (affordable). We do need some suggestions please.Destination wedding 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 6, 2020 at 12:18
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Your pictures and dress are beautiful.

Destination celebration can be held in the Caribbean resorts. They are beautiful to enjoy the activities and entertainment in the evenings.

If your really want something special, Sandals private island from a club in Montego Bay has a dragon boat to take guests there and enjoy the time. May want to check it out

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!
  • G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Destination wedding 2
    My bouquetSmiley smile
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding shoe twins!!I think mine brought me luck (I still wear them) and hope yours do too Smiley heart

Destination wedding 3

(and now I want to be a real creeper and ask about your tattoo because I love it also)

• G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes im hoping it clear out by next year but we'll see...
    Id love Costa Rica, tenerife, or even Hawaï (expensive though)
  • G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! Destination wedding 4
    Very high heals (something blue) got stopper so they wouldnt sick in
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just to pause and say congratulations! There is so much joy in your pics, I love your flowers, and I want to see your wedding shoes Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My concern about leaving Canada is that a lot of places are doing much worse than we are in handling the pandemic and with older family members, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel about exposing them to that.

Personally, I'd love to visit different areas in Texas, and New York but those places are not doing so well with the virus.

Asia is also another place I'd like to visit and their culture around protection from respiratory viruses would be comforting for older folks. Places like Thailand and Taiwan offers a lot of scenery and great experiences for low cost, and they were barely affected by the virus. The only thing is, it'll be super hot during the summer and typhoon season during the early fall.

Do you have a continent in mind on where you'd like to go?

• G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats really good To know. Thank you
  • G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were thinking outside of Canada. Its expensive and long travel for my family (which some are older)
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations, Giselle! As for a destination celebration, would you be open to something inside Canada? There are tons of scenic places to visit with amazing food that would make for great experiences. The mountains of Alberta, the Niagara wineries in Ontario, the old-European architecture of Quebec, and Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia etc.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! We also missed several family members because of the border closure, so I feel your pain.

I'm hoping travel will be easier by next year, but when you book anything make sure you get cancellation and travel insurance and make sure your guests get it too. Be sure it covers *everything*, illness, storms, and additional expenses in case your return travel is more expensive. There were horror stories earlier this year of couples who couldn't cancel their destination weddings or lost money because there weren't travel advisories in place yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics