Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
British Columbia

Destination Elopement - Being a Good Friend and Guest...

Megan, on March 13, 2023 at 12:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

My husband and I have been asked to 'witness' our good friends' destination elopement ceremony, and we are the only two guests attending (second wedding for both, and none of their parents or children are attending). The bride is extremely chill and the event is very casual... The couple has organized the hotel accommodation, ceremony, and officiant, and have told me there's really nothing left to do! Since it's a secret wedding I can't organize a shower or hen party, and I don't think they are planning a reception. I'd really like to do something special for them but can't think of anything. They're not into excursions at the destination and want to mostly hang out at the beach, snorkel, and relax. Does anyone have any advice or ideas for additional duties, gifts, or a meaningful gesture to show them some love?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on March 16, 2023 at 12:05
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the resort has excursions or spas i know i would love that

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could upgrade their suite if that's within your budget.

• M
    British Columbia
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They've hired a photographer for the ceremony, but having more informal or candid shots is a fantastic idea. I love taking photos, myself, and could put together an album of these pics for them, too, after we get home. Thank you so much!

• M
    British Columbia
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a great idea, thank you!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the dinner on the beach idea is sweet. Are they wanting to have a photographer? what if you hired someone to document the ceremony and parts of the trip? If I was into having photos, I would super appreciate something like that, also kind of nice to have someone there to take candid/natural photos of this memorable "secret" time away, it can just be professional photos to have for themselves.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe purchase them a romantic dinner on the beach?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics