Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Master September 2017 Ontario

Dessert tasting

Erin, on April 9, 2017 at 20:29 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
So tonight my FH and I and our families got together to try some desserts for the wedding. As we have several guests with various food issues, we decided to try some products from a local vegan and gluten-free bakery. We tried a red velvet cake, a carrot cake, a chocolate cake, brownies and oatmeal raisin cookies. The carrot cake and brownies were the overall winners. It was really fun to involve everyone and get their opinions! Glad we all got to share in this together! Has anyone had a dessert tasting?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 23, 2018 at 10:26
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was important to us that everyone feel included.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so awesome that you took the extra step to find some desserts that can work for all you guests. As a Vegan, I never expect desserts to be vegan at events I go to.
    I just wanted to say thank you for your thoughtfulness.

I got my cake from a Vegan bakery and our reception venue is supplying a vegan dessert. I doubt my guests will even be able to tell the difference. They will know when they see me eating it, but I hope they just enjoy instead of thinking about what ingredients aren’t included.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did do a wedding tasting including 2 desserts which we chose one. As an alternative, i got samples from our local bakery and input from my husband at the time to verify which ones he liked. We ended up choosing assorted cookies along with with the wedding cake.

Dessert tasting 1
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh chocolate covered banana bread, or lemon pound cake...that would be so amazing! i love it!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recommend banana bread or pound cake along with fruit. It so good!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe do a small fountain and some fresh fruit and marshmallows.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smart. I promised my best friend and maid of honour a chocolate fountain in her honour so I've been trying to think of things that go with that.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like you had a good day! We have done our dessert tasting! We had two different ones... three if you include the desserts we tried at our venue for after dinner!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have someone who is celiac coming to our wedding. We live in Ottawa and went to Strawberry Blonde Bakery. They are vegan, gluten-free and nut free. I found them through a woman who owns a cake shop locally.My regular food caterer also makes his menu dairy and gluten free which is nice.
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that you're taking into account those with allergies! Where did you go for this? I have celiac disease, which is a severe gluten allergy, and one of my biggest hurdles is going to be the catering and desserts I feel like.. I don't want to hold my guests back from being able to eat anything but I would certainly love if I could eat all the options at my own wedding Smiley xd

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Erin! Smiley heart

Oh I totally love carrot cake!! It's nice that you take vegan options!! Smiley flower So nice to taste all the cakes...

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Smiley love

• Rachel
    Beginner April 2018 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha this is the only thing my Fiance cares about Smiley tongue anything else is up to my mom, his mom and myself!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mmmmmmmmmmyuummmmyyy!! That is such a great idea to gather everyone for a dessert tasting Smiley smile haven't gone yet but looking forward to it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics