Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island

Depression during wedding

Katherine, on August 16, 2020 at 11:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3
I’m getting married in 4 days and I’m in such a bout of depression. I have no interest in preparing for it, I’m mentally and physically exhausted and just want to sleep, I’m so scared that I’ll be like this on my wedding day still and won’t be able to enjoy anything. It usually lasts for a week and then starts to clear(I think it’s all hormonal).

I’ve tried reframing my thinking, getting rest, trying to get some nutrients, upped my antidepressant dose, etc but I’m just completely drained and don’t want to do anything. I’m dreading this day.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on August 24, 2020 at 18:02
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope everything went well. Planning can be draining and exhausting and I hope someone was able to help you get everything done.

• Grace
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Grace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry you’re feeling like this right now. Please take care of yourself and give yourself (mentally and physically) a break and room to feel all the feelings. Meditation, journaling, water and healthy foods, mixed with feel good movies, and or books are all some tools I use to help me during times i’m not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. take care
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sorry Smiley sad
    I go through something similar every now and then and I also think it’s hormonal.
    Try not to be too hard on yourself. Take the next couple of days to really take care of yourself and maybe even set aside a few hours to have a good cry, a hot shower or bath and curl up in bed with one of your favourite movies or shows. I find that just letting myself be sad or upset for a little while helps a bit and makes getting back to normal easier.I hope you start to feel better soon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics