Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HauntedHeartBrides
Curious October 2023 Manitoba

Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding

HauntedHeartBrides, on November 28, 2019 at 20:00 Posted in DIY 0 21
Hello! Our wedding is going to be October 13th of 2023- a Friday the 13th. We're having some difficulty figuring out what our theme should be without it being too "halloweenish". We were thinking geodes, honeycombs, owls, bats and art nouveau- all things that we love and are obsessed with!

But we aren't sure how to go about that. Should it be solely an art nouveau? Should we go witchy? We're worried it'll be too much and could use some ideas if anyone has any ideas on how to go about this we'd greatly appreciate it. We're having difficulty planning until we know how to go about the theme but at the same time we don't want to do anything that would make this look like a Halloween party instead of a wedding.

Which... Might be even more difficult given her family's surname is Addams Smiley xd ...

21 Comments

Latest activity by HauntedHeartBrides, on December 2, 2019 at 21:16
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelly, this is amazing and perfect! Thank you so much for the advice and also for letting me know about Yummi. I don't know much about Canadian businesses and my internet isn't very reliable given I'm currently in the USA.

I love these images and am adding them to the idea board!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fellow Friday the 13th bride here! We got married on September 13th this year.

I mean....you dont HAVE to do a theme that fits the date (unless you really want to)!

You have SO MUCH time. I honestly wouldn't get hung up on anything too specific just yet as styles will change and you might find yourself leaning in a different direction in the year leading up to your wedding day.

I personally would stick with art nouveau, and avoid anything halloweeny, but that's me! Maybe you can bring in some of the "creepyness" of the Friday the 13th/October wedding out in the florals and incorporate some moody tones in the decor?

You can order pretty much any coloured candles from Yummi (Canadian brand, good quality drippless candles!!). How about some dark taper and pillar candles on the tables?

I LOVE this vibe!

Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 1

Big fan of florals like this. Still so dreamy. Still so wedding. But so moody.

Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 2Umm, have you seen these amazing art nouveau style invitations from Minted?

Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 3

Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 4

Best advise I can give you is don't get too hung up on a theme, or matching your invitations with your table cloths or whatever, right? Pick things that speak to you. Everything will come together and your wedding will be a reflection of you and your fiance, and not the pinterest board of every other rustic weeding you've been to.

Hope some of this helps?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Black, dark purple, and silver or gold would look elegantly spooky. Then you could have small Halloween-y elements mixed in like maybe for the table names.

Also loads of candles!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

tenor.gif
    Haha thanks!
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's... Wow...

tenor.gif

• HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true...

• HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll have to check it out
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just so it doesnt look like just a halloween party if you have all dark colors. and yes we have our centrepeices already we are doing these ones! https://www.efavormart.com/products/32-tall-5-arm-premium-hurricane-taper-crystal-glass-candle-holder?variant=98196160530&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-8LKya-Q5gIVix6tBh29qAsVEAQYAiABEgJNtfD_BwE

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of purples, blues, blacks, and then some whites/silvers to balance it all out! I would stay away from orange, as to me, that brings the halloween theme in.

I think royal blue/plum purple would look really nice together! Our wedding was peacock themed with turquoise and purple as our colours. Swap the turquoise for royal blue and I think it would look lovely!

I'd also recommend using the galaxy orchids (pictured in my bouquet below) with the royal blue/purple Smiley heart

Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 5

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Huh, meanwhile purples scream HALLOWEEN to me Smiley tongue To each their own though - you can't please everybody and I'm sure no matter what you will have at least one person think it looks halloween-y so might as well do what your favourite* colours* are!

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like others would add silver white to things brighten it up and pintrest saved me so much stress with our theme! Etsy has some great items for bouquets and such as well!
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love how the white really brings it all together and not seem like a halloween party. Best of luck. Pinterest is so much fun just type in purple, black and white then anything like bouquets (omg so many gorgeous ones), centerpieces, backdrops, candy bars anything. The ideas will get you going in the direction you want I think.
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, now THAT is gorgeous!

tenor.gif

• HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo...

tenor.gif

Randee would LOVE that!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And I love that her last name is Addams... these tables are gorgeous without being too dark I think...
    Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 6
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely add some whites and silver to brighten everything up. How about a centerpiece like this one with purple/white and black flowers?
    Decorating/theme Ideas for a Friday the 13th Wedding 7
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Silver and whites with a bit of elegance, huh?

That could work! Thanks, Ashley. Do you have an ideas of what kind of elegant centerpieces you were thinking of?

• HauntedHeartBrides
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, we definitely want purples as that's our favorite colors, but we were thinking purples, blues- kinda evening colors, you know? As for black and reds, that's way too Halloween/Gothic for us.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you dont want it too halloweeny then i would add some elegant centrepeices and decor to your bats and owls and stuff that way its like really nice. also add some silver/whites to your color theme so that way it wont look like a halloween party!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg of course her last name just had to be Addams Smiley tongue

I would say to maybe try staying away from the colours purple and orange as to not be halloween-y. Maybe black and reds?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics