Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Decor and Flowers

Natalie, on October 25, 2017 at 18:55 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13

I just need to vent. I am having a heart attack just researching vendors for décor and flowers. So here are my issues with a lot of these vendors.

1. I get completely turned off with the types of photos some of them are posting. I really don't care to see the 1 single flower, I want to see the entire space and what you did with the table.

2. holy cost! aka every rose has it's thorn. Someone quoted me $14,000! I can't believe people are paying that mush for something that will die in 5 days.

Thank you in advance to all the brides out there who are going to read my rant. I just needed to let it go.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 09:23
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a simple table set up. Menu cards on clipped bells, square vase with water colour beads and LED lights, and favours.

Decor and Flowers 1
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I felt the same way! I used Gatto Flowers in Mississauga and my cousin just used them for their wedding and they were amazing and reasonable! Check them out!
  • Joy
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally feel your pain. I recently got quoted $6,000!! It’s insane. I find it overwhelming and discouraging too but I’ll keep looking until I find someone reasonable. Good luck!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on the types of flowers you are choosing too. Choose more fillers than actual flowers for a full effect but less money. Stay away from orchids or flowers that are out of season at the time of your wedding because they will jack up the price of those particular flowers as well.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what area you are in ... but if you are in the GTA/Peterborough area... check out http://mccullochevents.ca/
    I used her for my decore and florals - and very reasonable! She's amazing!! Smiley heart

• Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out silk flowers or real flowers for the boutonnieres and for your bridal bouquet. For our centrepieces we got our flowers at Michael's because they have a better quality than let's say the dollar store.

Decor and Flowers 2
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loblaws also does great floral arrangements! My sister did that for her wedding and was able to use some of her points to pay for them!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my flowers I was recommended to go to my local Metro (yes the grocery store) because they get their flowers from Van Belle's (fancy flower store) but sell them to me at grocery store prices. I am only having fresh flowers for all bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages. My bouquet is costing me $80 and I was expecting to spend nearly $200.

As for décor that was on the more expensive side we are pay $2000 for ceiling décor, back drop, and head table. They set it all up and tear it all down as well. They will also set up my own centre pieces. They consist of tall vases that will have a calla lily submerged in water with a floating candle on top. They will be sitting on a gold charger plate with led candles and artificial green leaves scattered around. (this cost us $200 in total). We booked with Annie Lane Décor.

Keep in mind you may have the choice of different coloured linens at your venue and you will be adding a lot of colour with that as well.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You just need to keep looking and you'll find the right fit. Flower costs fluctuate due to size, availability, intricacy and labour. I can't really comment on decor as we didn't really have much and made a bunch.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made my own floral arrangements and décor. It was cheap and easy. I don't think I spent more than $200.00 for everything. Here are some pictures:

Decor and Flowers 3

Decor and Flowers 4

Decor and Flowers 5

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know!!! I got quoted 2000 from two diff people and another person quoted 600 so I went with her. Flowers range in price. I wanted roses and I asked my florist why some quoted so high. She said there's diff types of roses or something! So there's a lot to flowers thus variances in pricing. My florist told me she could be cheaper because she works from home so saves on her overhead. I know it can be overwhelming trying to get the best bang for your buck, you'll get it! Keep looking
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1. Can you request more pictures that show the whole venue/table? ; 2. Are the flowers you want out of season (i.e. don’t grow during that time of year)? That could explain a part of the high cost. How many flowers per setting and the intricacy of it can also add cost. ; Lastly, don’t despair, you will find what you want at a price you are comfortable paying.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is why I’m choosing to do faux flowers rather than real ones. Huge price difference. And if u can find really good quality ones for a great price!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics