Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Newbie December 2023 Ontario

Decor

Courtney, on July 13, 2021 at 09:33 Posted in DIY 0 6
Hi everyone what are some of the cheapest ways to get free or cheap things to make for your wedding

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 14, 2021 at 12:10
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out your local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook. A lot of couples try and sell their wedding decor for cheap! I've also found a lot of decor from Winner/HomeSense, Dollarama and Party City!

• Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIY is a great idea, especially when you enlist your friends and family. First ask if anyone you know already has items you can borrow. Then yes check FB Marketplace I have found so many free items that way. Check flyers for items you want. Michaels can be expensive but they usually have 30-40% coupons, I used a discount coupon every week for several weeks until I had purchased all of my submersible lights. And always walk thru every store's clearance section. Use what you have already, jars, bottles, vases, tablecloths etc. Make fun project days with your helpers to make it easier. Remember to have space set aside to store your creations. Also remember to ensure you have a plan to get your creations to and from the venue (or with you at the hotel you are at) or enlist others to go to your place to pick them up. Have fun!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely facebook marketplace and dollar tree (but not dollarama or other dollar stores - dollar tree has everything for $1.25 and it's usually a much better deal).

I also highly recommend looking into rentals and deciding what you want to buy after doing that research. Some things are just cheaper to rent even if you plan to resell your items after the wedding.

Edit: Oh and thrift stores will have things similar to facebook marketplace but it obviously takes a bit more work to look through them.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Courtney,
    As Liberty mentioned, the wine bottles I seem to be an amazing and cheaper decor options.

I am in the process of cleaning my bottles to get the DIY project going. I am using the photos below are ideas:
    Decor 1
    Decor 2
    Decor 3

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our centerpieces im doing spray painted wine bottles (having friends and family save their empties for me) then we are using fake flowers (I have gotten some from Michael's when they have their 60% off sale & dollar tree has some nice fake flowers sometimes)

I've also used a lot of dollar tree picture frames for decor/signage!
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are local wedding buy and sell groups on Facebook where people sell stuff from their wedding, definitely more cost effective since they are used! And often in really good condition since they would have been used once.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics