Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Devoted December 2021 Ontario

December 5, 2020 Brides

Vanessa, on April 14, 2020 at 16:25 Posted in WeddingWire 0 15

Hey everyone!

With everything going on, I just wanted to say hello to everyone getting married on December 5, 2020.

How are you coping right now? Is everything planned? What are your thoughts?

We will get through this together!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on June 3, 2020 at 17:20
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! We originally wanted December 12 too but it was taken by a corporate party so we settled on December 19.

The plus side if you're willing to postpone that far is that you get more time to save.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's very true, about the leap year. We aren't concerned about our date .. in fact, we originally wanted December 12 but the couple that viewed our venue right before us booked that date so we said, okay, December 5th it is. I was more concerned with the venue and having a winter wedding as well!

Worst case, if we have to postpone and December dates aren't available next year, we can look at January - March 2022 .. wow that sounds FAR away lol

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You should be fine if you need to get a December 2021 date. With the leap year this year, most Saturday weddings can still be held on a weekend because their dates would land on a Sunday so if you're looking for December 5 specifically, you wouldn't have to resort to a weekday wedding and Christmas parties or other corporate events that eat up dates during that time of year would never touch Sundays.

We just wanted a winter wedding and thankfully in Canada, we still get 3-4 months of winter past December! Smiley xd

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our coordinator reached out to us as well to discuss next steps as well for our wedding in December ..

Back up plan .. that's one topic that we will be bringing up with her if she doesn't bring it up.

I have a few friends in the industry and a lot of them are saying that most couples are post poning their dates to similar dates that they had this year. I have to hold on to that and hope that if we do have to postpone, we can get a December 2021 date. Our venue isn't even looking at December weddings and they are only looking at 2 months at a time so if we wanted to play it safe and postpone, we would most likely have a fee.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're still aiming for December but our coordinator reached out to see what we're doing and that kind of jump started a chain reaction for us to be proactive and come up with a backup plan in case things in December is a no go. Even though it's early, a lot of prime dates in the off-season are gone, likely from this year's postponements and a lack of general availability for next year.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome, congrats! Sending positive thoughts your way Smiley smile

• Darmae
    Curious December 2020 Ontario
    Darmae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married the following weekend December 12, 2020. We’re still rolling with the wedding planning and hoping that things will be better by then🙏🏼
  • Jenelle
    Beginner December 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am supposed to be getting married on December 5th, and every day that goes by I get more and more anxious. We have no interest in postponing, but are worried about what our wedding in December would realistically look like. Feels like we are too far out to postpone, but close enough where it’s a constant thought.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know exactly how you feel and my wedding planner has said that exact same thing to me .. wait until the end of summer/early fall to reassess. It's easier said then done though.

Getting legally married would be high on our prioritization list as well because we do have our own personal plans. We would most likely postpone the reception until next year but honestly, I don't want to do that so I have very mixed feelings.

I hope everything works out for the both of us 🤞🏻

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes., from what I hear will be a few more weeks at least but here’s to hoping we’ll get under control by then.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bet! I'm stressed now so I can just imagine .. my FH is very optimistic so that is keeping my emotions at bay.

I'm hoping that my mid June everything is back to normal. Right now, the amount of cases is seeing a down whirl spiral so that's great news!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So we have all of our vendors already booked and deposits have been paid ... the only vendor we haven't booked is for our cake/cupcakes but we can definitely wait on that but everything else is already done! We also haven't purchased bridesmaid dresses or tuxes either. My bridal party was supposed to go this past weekend but that didn't happen so that was a difficult day.

• Cassandra
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're a month before you November 7, 2020. I am an absolute ball of nerves but, my wedding planner has told me to wait until September to make any decisions. Unfortunately, if it doesn't work out we are going to just get legally married and cancel everything else. Due to other circumstances postponing a reception for a year won't work for us 😔 I'm super upset about it but just trying to be as hopeful as possible. Fingers crossed for all of us 🤞🏻
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re August so we’re a bit more stressed lol. I wouldn’t worry to much until around sept/oct. I’m not worrying too much until around June... if we’re still in lockdown I’ll probably
    Postpone to next year Smiley sad
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're two weeks after your wedding so pretty much in the same boat as you, I imagine. Are you more or less set? We have our essentials but I'm still trying to figure out our tuxes. Everything else is being played by ear.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics